“Great time in Santa Fe” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Madeleine

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Madeleine
Ranked #9 of 36 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Austin, Texas
“Great time in Santa Fe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Had a wonderful time staying at the Madeleine Inn. The room was perfect and the location could not be beat. The breakfasts are always a treat. I particularly like the location. It is an easy walk to the plaza and all shops and restaurants. I will be back as soon as I can.

Tom

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at The Madeleine, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear Tom,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a terrific review of your stay at The Madeleine. We are delighted that you so enjoyed your room, the breakfasts, and our location in historic downtown Santa Fe. It is really great to be able to walk so easily to the Plaza and Canyon Road while also being in such a quiet garden setting.

We shall look forward to your return visit.
All the best,
Carolyn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Chappaqua
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

Planning a trip to Santa Fe? Don't walk, RUN to your computer/telephone to secure a reservation!
To simply say that The Madeleine is a superb, unique B & B experience, is truly a monument to understatement. It defies anyone to come up with any detail, comfort, pleasure that Carolyn and her wonderful staff haven't thought of. Their warm, welcoming, friendly nature is only exceeded by their devotion to going beyond the task at hand, regardless of the norm, to insure the satisfaction of every guest. The bonuses of it being in walking distance to the Plaza Center, after you have enjoyed a fireside breakfast that can't be beat, highlighted by a spa experience to die for, will keep you returning. If you are lucky enough to have the opportunity to stay at The Madeleine, seize it! (ooops, almost forgot; afternoon vino, snacks, fruit & home-made cookies)!

Room Tip: The Madeleine is on a dead-end street, quiet as can be. All rooms have either gas or wood fires. All...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at The Madeleine, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Doug,
Thank you for the magnificent review of The Madeleine, which warmed the cockles of my heart as I read it this morning. We are all so very pleased that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and look forward to welcoming you again with open arms. May all your travels bring you great joy. Thank you for choosing to return to The Madeleine. Carolyn
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

I was traveling from the lack of sun and cold weather in Upstate New York, headed towards San Diego to settle for awhile. I was trying to make my cross country road trip as cheap as possible because I am young and will not have money coming in until I find a job in California!

I received a gift certificate from my grandma for Christmas through I Love Inns. Hadn't thought about using it until I was settled in California and had a time in mind to use it. But because I was traveling solo across the country and had stayed in the cheapest of cheap accommodations, I thought I should treat myself to a little luxury in Santa Fe!

I've never been to the south west before so I was hesitant where I should stay, and then I found The Madeliene :) I was immediately drawn in by the images of the property, the description of the location and the names of the rooms!

I stayed in The Geranium Room and felt as if I was royalty and blessed to even be walking through the beautiful Victorian and Asian decor styled house.

Not only is the property beautiful, the staff and guests are AMAZING! Shout out to Carolyn, Diane, Marilee, Serge and Janis!!

Not to mention the spa next to the Inn! It offers only the greatest, widest range of services that can target any aged and gendered guest!

Next time I come to stay I'm bringing more guests so they can have the same marvelous experience that I had :)

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at The Madeleine, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
What a delight it was having you as our guest as you made your way cross country. Thank you for such a favorable review - we are all so pleased that you chose to stay with us, and that you so enjoyed the Geranium Room, the architecture of The Madeleine, the food service and your interactions with all the staff. How wonderful that you were able to treat yourself to a facial at our spa - I will pass along your great feedback to Janis as well as to the rest of the staff. We look forward to your return visit with friends and family, and wish you all the best as you settle in to this new chapter of your life.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

This place is tucked away on a quiet street close to the plaza and so convenient for walking to great restaurants, museums, and shopping. The staff is composed of all friendly folks and the breakfast and treats were delicious. We like the charm of old houses and this one is delightful. We'd definitely stay at The Madeline again.

Green Features: Every hotel, motel, and B&B should adopt the eco-friendly approach of The Madeline.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at The Madeleine, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
We are very gratified to know how much you appreciated your stay at The Madeleine. I too love the charm of old buildings, and this one, built in 1886, makes it one of Santa Fe earliest non-adobe homes. It is good to know you enjoyed the variety of foods offered at breakfast, as well as the warm and friendly staff. May you have a wonderful 2014, and may you be able to get back to Santa Fe once again.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

My husband, friends and family, and I have been staying at the Madeleine and Nicholas for over 20 years and wouldn't consider any other place. The staff is warm and inviting, the rooms and common rooms are peaceful and beautifully furnished, it's "green," and, overall, a delight. I've been there alone and have found fellow travelers to socialize and felt perfectly at home and have been there with others. Oh, and the breakfasts are so delicious and get you ready for a Santa Fe type day.

Green Features: I'm am so impressed with their environmentally-friendly practices!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at The Madeleine, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
We are tickled pink that you choose to come back and stay with us at The Madeleine time and again! Thank you for letting us know of your appreciation for our eco-friendly operations, the fabulous staff, the property itself, and the breakfasts. It is truly gratifying for us to read reviews like this, and we will always welcome you back with open arms.
Williston, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Highly recommended. We stayed in the Cottage and it had living room, kitchen and upstairs bedroom. Quiet side street but within walking distance or plaza. Owner and her family including Brady the lab puppy were very helpful and friendly. Great breadfasts included.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at The Madeleine, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
I am happy to know you thoroughly enjoyed your stay in The Cottage. I actually lived there myself, many years ago, and have many fond memories of the sweet space. For people who wish the privacy of a vacation rental but love having breakfast and a friendly staff to help plan their days, this is the perfect choice.

By the way, Brady is now 22 weeks old and is doing fabulously well. While still a puppy, and into a bit of mischief here and there, it is clear he will be one fine labrador retriever!
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Having stayed at B&Bs throughout Santa Fe over the years this is a real gem in the high desert. Great location three block from the square and Canyon Road. The Madeline is next door to the Nicolas Hacienda where a southwestern style hot breakfast compliments homemade tea breads and granola and fresh fruit daily. The morning Glory room fit us perfectly as we always need a lite bit more room than a standard room offers. Quiet, cozy and a comfortable bed offered us a good respite after our favorite activities. The Victorian House has a comfortable feel and the staff goes out of their away to assist in every activity. We took advantage of the on site Spa, and the skilled massage therapists. Try it-you will love it for a B&B treat!

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at The Madeleine, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
It is heart-warming to read how much you enjoyed The Madeleine Inn, which has often been referred to by writers as a "gem" or a "jewel" of Santa Fe for its remarkable architecture and interior details. The Morning Glory is a lovely and large room, and has such wonderful morning sun and birdsong. We are pleased to know that you fully enjoyed your breakfasts each morning, and took advantage of the Master-Level therapists at our Absolute Nirvana Spa. Thank you so very much for taking the time to write in to Trip Advisor to let others know of your experience.