The Madeleine
Inn of the Governors(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$159
Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$141
$129
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel St. Francis(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$129
  • Restaurant
Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$135
$118
Hilton.com
$179
  • Pool
Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$139
$223
  • Restaurant
Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$149
$119
  • Restaurant
La Fonda on the Plaza(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Pool
Inn on the Alameda(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$199
$193
Travelocity
All reviewshacienda nicholasivy roomabsolute nirvana spamorning glory roomcookiesblue corn wafflesb bother guestsquiet dead end streetcarolyn leehappy hourwithin walking distancewhere breakfast is servedhomemade granolathe main housewine and cheesecanyon road
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The Madeleine is in a very nice, quiet spot at the end of a dead-end street. You might think you're the only people visiting Santa Fe! However, it's only a 5-minute walk to the Plaza, so all of the downtown attractions are very nearby. The onsite spa, Absolute Nirvana, is exactly that.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rachel W
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at The Madeleine, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for writing to share your pleasant experience with us here at The Madeleine. It is truly our blessing to be in such a quiet spot yet so close to the Plaza. While we miss out on any drive-by business, it makes for a completely peaceful and serene setting. I am also delighted to read that you found Nirvana at our back-garden Balinese-inspired spa. We hope to see you again before too long.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I have been staying at the Madeleine almost for anywhere from a few days to a week every summer for decades. We appreciate the delightful graciousness of the owner and staff and the serenity and comfort of the inn itself. Breakfasts are creative and delicious. Location is great for walking to museums, restaurants, etc., and it's just a short drive to the opera.

Room Tip: We have stayed in various rooms and twice stayed with friends at the Pinon Casita. We have enjoyed them all. You may prefer to avoid the Columbine room since it's right by the reception for the inn and for the spa. But even it was fine except for a few moments here and there in late afternoons when people were checking in.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lindaulrich
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at The Madeleine, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

And we love you for writing this review! It is so heartwarming to have guests such as yourselves who come back year after year, and who so appreciate all that The Madeleine has to offer. Being just three blocks from the Plaza but at the end of a dead end street makes it so we have a very quiet and serene setting, while also be so close to so many of Santa Fe's restaurants, shops, galleries and other attractions. It is our pleasure to welcome you back each summer. Thank you for writing to Trip Advisor to let other know of your experience.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

A well organized B&B with friendly staff in a great location. Breakfast was good, snacks in the lobby were a nice touch. I was in Hyacinth, a small, but pretty room. Beware that the bed is very high and might not be accessible by everyone. You have to really climb up onto it-- a stool would be nice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at The Madeleine, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay, and for letting us know that the little wooden step stool for that big four poster bed went missing. Once we realized this I ordered a new one, which is now in place by the bed. You are right - they are rather like "Princess and the Pea" beds, and many people appreciate having the step stool. Thank you again for your helpful feedback!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I fully enjoyed my well deserved rest when I stayed at THE COTTAGE. The private garden was an absolute joy, so quiet and peaceful, the perfect place to sit out, sip on a glass of wine and totally unwind .
The Cottage is very nicely decorated and supplies everything you could want, from personal bath robes to homemade cookies to excellent organic coffee.
The parking area was ample and clean, and among the amenities provided were towels and cleaning materials for both cars and dogs.
I joined in the "social hour" over at the HACIENDA NICHOLAS" and had a good time there with some of the other guests from the INNS over a bottle of wine.
The breakfast of blue corn and blueberry waffles was delicious and set me up for the day.
The staff were great, very friendly and helpful.
I can highly recommend a stay in THE COTTAGE. Money well spent !

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank nelson b
carolyninnkeeper, Owner at The Madeleine, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

I am delighted to read of your enjoyment of The Cottage, from the decor to the amenities provides. You will be happy to learn that we have just submitted our application for the new B&B Wine Permit, and hope to be serving our own wine at the Social Hour within about 3 months. Hopefully you can return for that experience, and for more Blue Corn Pinon Waffles, or Hacienda Breakfast Enchiladas, or Southwestern Frittatas, or......

Thank you very much for writing!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My one night stay in THE COTTAGE was a very memorable one that I would like to share. The attached private garden was absolutely charming, full of birds and flowers and a peaceful haven which I was seeking.
All of the MADELEINE INN staff WERE very cordial and very helpful.
The 'social hour', where tasty snacks were served, in a delightful garden, was fun, and gave me a chance to socialize with some of the other guests who were also staying at the INNS.
The decor of THE COTTAGE was charming, warm and welcoming with an abundance of amenities, from personal robes to home made cookies and delicious organic coffee. I felt that all my needs and whims were catered for and would highly recommend a stay at THE COTTAGE.

Room Tip: I think all of the rooms in both the Hacienda Nicholas and the Madeleine Inn are beautifully decorated and comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Thank you very much for sharing your experience of The Madeleine with the readers of Trip Advisor. We are all gratified to learn of your enjoyment of the setting, the gardens, the evening Social Hour and the staff. Hopefully you will one day be able to come back and enjoy the "peaceful haven" for a longer time period.