“The Madeleine was Perfect!”
Review of The Madeleine

and 1 more site!
The Madeleine
Ranked #10 of 36 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bountiful, Utah
“The Madeleine was Perfect!”
Reviewed March 21, 2008

The Madeleine was charming. The bed was the most comfortable bed we have ever slept in. The breakfast each morning was great. The wine and cheese in the early evening was and end to a perfect day. The staff was friendly and pleasant. All the other people we met that were also staying there were friendly also. It was like a big family. It was a perfect celebration to a 30th Anniversary Kevin's cookies were off the charts. I believe we ate a dozen or so. I will tell others about The Madeleine. We had the best time ever

Stayed March 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Rock Hill, SC
Reviewed March 17, 2008

I truly enjoyed my stay at The Madeleine. I actually found the place based on the recommendation of a travel guide that I purchased. I have really come to rely on those recommendations for travel as they are almost always on target...this one certainly did not let me down. The staff was friendly and helpful. Each morning, breakfast was a fantastic treat. Kevin's cookies were heavenly. Sante Fe parking is at a premium, so being in close proximity to downtown really was a huge help. We were in walking distance to all the touristy sites and many, many restaurants. If I were to visit the area again, I would absolutely book with Madeleine.

Stayed March 2008
Singapore
Reviewed March 3, 2008

The stay at Madeline Inn was very relaxing. It has a calming quality the moment you enter the inn with wonderful touches of the south east. The sky room in the old attic was very spacious and reminded one of childhood days. It is also great to see places run in an environmentally responsible manner. The helpfulness and warmth was truly appreciated

Stayed February 2008
RI
Reviewed January 22, 2008

While attending my daughter's wedding in Santa Fe, I wanted to also experience more of the local flavor than I thought I'd find in a regular hotel. I feel very lucky to have chosen The Madeleine!

The staff were all pleasant and helpful and our room was perfect! We stayed in "Grandma's Attic" and it looked exactly like the pictures online. It was cozy and private and was a wonderful retreat. One of the nice "plusses" of the B&B was that there were alway 'treats' waiting in the foyer. Kevin's cookies were out of this world! (Tasty and even semi-healthy! ) He was also wonderful about helping us plan a day trip after the wedding was over.

The breakfast's were all delicious. Annie's frittata was so fantastic I had to ask for seconds! We were only able to attend one afternoon wine and cheese get-together since we had been tied up with wedding plans. But it was so nice to come together at the end of the day and compare notes with the other guests in front of the fireplace. We met some very nice people and most of them were repeat guests at the Madeline or Hacienda Nicholas.

I look forward to returning here in the future and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting good food, friendly people and being located off the beaten path - even though it's one half block away from "the beaten path"! It was great to get to walk to so many places and just leave the car parked for a few days!

• Liked — Location, food, friendliness, quiet
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
New York
Reviewed January 8, 2008

We spent 3 nights at the Madeleine in Santa Fe during the holidays and we had a really pleasant and relaxing stay. The room was charming and warm and the staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly, assisting us with suggestions about restaurants and attractions. The location is very good, just a few blocks from the Plaza. I also had a very relaxing massage at the beautiful Balinese spa...Kevin bakes great breads and cookies daily and the breakfast is excellent. We highly recommend it!

• Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2008

We had such a wonderful experience at The Madeleine in Santa Fe. The Inn was very warm and cozy, which was wonderful since it was very cold and snowing in Santa Fe. Kevin was really nice and helpful and makes awesome homemade cookies. I can't say enough good things about the Absolute Nirvana Spa on the premises. The "Ocean and Flowers" was the best spa experience ever! The room was nice and the bed comfortable. Will visit again!

• Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
Reviewed January 2, 2008

My family and I stayed at the Madeleine when we spent Christmas in Santa Fe and had an amazing time due in large part to the hospitality of the Madeleine and Hacienda Nicholas' staff. The meals were excellent, everyone was friendly, and the rooms were clean and beautiful. Also centrally located, this wonderful B&B is the perfect place to stay in Santa Fe!

Stayed December 2007