“Outstanding Chocolate”

Santa Fe, New Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Outstanding Chocolate”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Santa Fe has an impressive array of choices for lovers of really good chocolate, and Chocolate Smith is hands down the very best in the area, arguably one of the best you’ll ever try in your travels around the world. They are masters at merging the flavors of chocolate and chile, two of the New World’s greatest gifts to the rest of the planet. My favorites are their sierra blanca, a small block of dark chocolate and chile pate topped with lime white chocolate, and the green chile pistachio bark. My only complaint is that these guys have totally undermined my effectiveness as a parent and in my professional interactions with my co-workers, namely that a single piece of their chocolate/chile heaven wrapped with a bow can get me to do just about ANYTHING against my will.

Vero Beach, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best chocolates ever!”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

WOW! It's great to buy your chocolates freshly made at the store location. but better yet is the unique variety of fantastic chocolates. My personal favorite is the green chili pistachio bark. We live in Santa Fe and buy chocolates for friends and family who also think they are the best chocolates ever.

BROOKLYN
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Fresh made chocolates”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

This is a great store, you can see the confections being made. Dark chocolates appealed even to our son who doesn't usually like them. Some creative combinations and lovely wrappings.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun & Yummy”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

So many flavor innovations & totally unpretentious. They are happy to let you sample & most everything is weighed together at the same price so you can take home a little of it all.

Edgewater, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“SCRUM DIDDILY YUMPTIOUS”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

WOW. Let me just say, I have been a milk chocolate lover my whole life, but after tasting this amazing dark chocolate, I have finally converted. I'm now ruined for all other chocolates! The chocolate has so much flavor and is not as bitter as other darks I have tried. My favorite pieces were the peppermint crunch, peanut butter bar, and the wonderful sierra blanca (a white chocolate ganache with fresh lime and ancho chili). YUM! I could've eaten one of everything. The staff was as enjoyable as the chocolate - what a wonderful crew! Very friendly and generous with the samples. I was happy to learn that the Chocolate Smith is a small, family owned business in town and they use fair trade chocolate (Guittard to be exact) with all locally sourced ingredients. And what they can't find locally, they make sure to buy organic. I was more than pleased with my experience. No wonder they are one of the best chocolatiers in the Southwest and were featured on the Food Network! A MUST VISIT!

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Jules2970

Been to Chocolate Smith? Share your experiences!