“SCRUM DIDDILY YUMPTIOUS” 5 of 5 bubbles

Edgewater, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“SCRUM DIDDILY YUMPTIOUS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

WOW. Let me just say, I have been a milk chocolate lover my whole life, but after tasting this amazing dark chocolate, I have finally converted. I'm now ruined for all other chocolates! The chocolate has so much flavor and is not as bitter as other darks I have tried. My favorite pieces were the peppermint crunch, peanut butter bar, and the wonderful sierra blanca (a white chocolate ganache with fresh lime and ancho chili). YUM! I could've eaten one of everything. The staff was as enjoyable as the chocolate - what a wonderful crew! Very friendly and generous with the samples. I was happy to learn that the Chocolate Smith is a small, family owned business in town and they use fair trade chocolate (Guittard to be exact) with all locally sourced ingredients. And what they can't find locally, they make sure to buy organic. I was more than pleased with my experience. No wonder they are one of the best chocolatiers in the Southwest and were featured on the Food Network! A MUST VISIT!

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Jules2970

Longmont, Colorado
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Must stop at their store, if you love chocolate, or knows someone that does!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

Absolutely amazing dark chocolates. Many infused with local herbs (lavender) and spices (green and red chili). Very unique offerings. We bought LOTS and managed to give some away to our family and friends upon our return. They're lucky their chocolate made it to them.

Visited November 2011
Quebec City
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Smells so good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2011

I was lucky enough that this little gem was a few minutes’ walk from my hotel… but didn’t figure it out until the day before I had to leave… Well, maybe it’s a good thing after all because I may have been in trouble if I’d had more time there!

As soon as I opened the door, a heavenly smell welcomed me and the staff was all smiles and very welcoming, while letting me have a look around. The place is small and you can see them at work making the chocolate and from the one piece I allowed myself (red cherry cluster), they do it very well! I had a sample box made to send to a friend and it was packed with care, along with a little brochure of their chocolates and I can’t wait to hear back what she thinks!

If you love chocolate (and who doesn’t!), make sure to stop by and try a piece, you won’t regret it!

Visited June 2011
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Don't do it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

We were excited to try this chocolate since we had heard good things. Unfortunately, we made the investment in some of the chocolate prior to tasting it. It didn't taste very good, the caramels were a little gross. It ended up being a big waste.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Best ever chocolate-wonderful fusion taste combinations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2011

We live in Santa Fe and have been going to Chocolate Smith for years. The chocolate is the best ever, wonderful fusion tastes, such as chocolate with pistachio nuts, or sometimes cranberry and chile in it.

We'd heard initially how wonderful it was and have been there when other locals or previous patrons get their order handed to them, open the wrappings and start stuffing their faces like crazed crack-addicts who haven't had any since yesterday or something. Fortunately, we have the discipline to visit in moderation, otherwise we'd be 300 lbs. A sampler shipped to friends and relatives as a gift is always heartily welcomed.

Visited May 2011
1 Thank Steve C

Been to Chocolate Smith? Share your experiences!