“Dirty Hotel”

Ranked #55 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Dirty Hotel”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I did not like this place at all. We checked in and went down to the pool. They do not have pool towels at the pool you have to ask for them. When my son went to the front desk to get the pool towels for the 6 of us in my family they told him they could not give him more than 3! My husband went back and they gave him two more so we were still short 1 towel. I asked for more pillows and blankets since with 6 of us two of kids usually just sleep on the floor. The floor was really dirty and they said they did not have any more pillows. Also asked for another shampoo and soap and they said they did not have that either. I refused to stay at this hotel. I offered to pay half price for the time we stayed and they did refund my entire room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Theresa M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Tacoma, WA
Reviewed July 2, 2012

It was late and I needed a cheap place to stay. The Econo Lodge fit the bill. You'll pay less than nearby competitors, but you'll also get less. The hotel looks worn. The carpets were stained and there were pizza boxes left out in the hallway by other guests. I don't know what they were thinking - this place doesn't offer room service. The bed was on the soft side but otherwise, the room seemed clean. The A/C worked well.

The breakfast the following morning was simple. They did offer waffles as well as the standard pastries, breads and cereals. One point that I should make was that the clerk on duty when I checked in was very pleasant and able to answer my questions about nearby places to eat and to provide directions.

If you are only passing through Santa Fe and don't want to spend a lot of money for a basic room, this place will do.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank County-Hunter
Duluth
Reviewed April 17, 2012

The staff when we checked in was pleasant and helpful. The room smelled good, but the carpet was dirty and stained and had cigarette burns. The bathroom was very clean. The shower was strong with soft water. There were lots of fluffy large towels. I did miss having a waste basket in the bathroom. There was only one in the bedroom.
Breakfast was disastrous! I had chosen EconoLodge based on the plentiful, hot breakfast it had advertised. There was no attendant (and this could have been the problem, but should not have been my problem). With one hour remaining, the food was almost gone and the floor and tables were dirty and littered.

Room Tip: had to walk aways to the non-breakfast, but our second floor room was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank tomorrowsantiques

Travelers are raving about these Santa Fe hotels

Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed April 3, 2012

My family and I stayed here two nights in two adjoining rooms on the first floor. The place is in bad need of updating and cleaning. The carpet was filthy making you not want to put anything, let alone your feet, on it. The first night there starting at 9:30 pm we were subjected to listening to kids running, jumping, and yelling up and down the hallway above our rooms. The morning we left we found a bug crawling on the wall across from the bed. We killed it and were unsure what it was. Upon returning home and looking on the internet, we suspect that it was a BEDBUG. I called the motel to report this and was told "Thank you very much." Very disconcerting to think we may have transported these critters back to our homes. I wouldn't stay here for the price or for any reason.

Room Tip: Wouldn't choose any room here until certain that they have cleaned up the place.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Schallys
Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed February 9, 2012

We always get a great clean, comfortable room here for about fifty bucks, even around the holidays. Pool and whirlpool are open late.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank erthxplorr
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed February 8, 2012

It's a great place to sleep while snowboarding. Don't expect the best and you won't be dissapointed. Also, don't walk out onto Cerriillos Road because there are alot of bums that walk around. That's right, i said bums. So, stay in your room or in your car and you'll have a great time. The hot tub and indoor pool are great after a long day on the snow. Oh, and they have a waffle maker so you can have all-you-can-eat free waffles in the morning. That rocks. If you're like me and all you want is a clean bed and bath to sleep in after the mountain, you'll be happy. The carpet's a lil dingy and the place could use a remodel but it's all good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a refrigerator and microwave. They're handy for cold beer and reheated pizza...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Money M
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed January 16, 2012

people who complain about there stays are always looking for the little details in every room they stay in.... yes the carpet is a little worn but dont say you have the best carpet at home.. And if the room is exaggerated why not tell the front desk before you settle in the room? come on people if you just stay go to hotels to complain why not just stay at home or in your car?

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business