“THE Frito Pie”

Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed May 14, 2018 via mobile

No visit to Santa Fe is complete without a Frito Pie on the Plaza. When I was a kid, this was Woolworth's -- now a much smaller Five and Dime.

Get extra cheese and load it with onions. Find a shady bench in the plaza and enjoy a bit of heaven in a bag.

Date of visit: May 2018
8  Thank 372whd

Reviewed April 23, 2018

I went to the Five and Dime to find Firestarter logs for our casita fireplace (no luck) and to sample the famous Frito Pie. Sadly, I got there just as the kitchen snack bar in the back of the store was closing. Instead, I purchased some souvenirs of my trip to Santa Fe. I figured I did not need a Frito Pie after all. The souvenir collection and 50s memorabilia is quite extensive. Route 66 swag, the usual faux native American trinkets plus drug store staples are all here. Need a pair of sunglasses to replace the ones you lost? A T-shirt or poncho to commemorate your vacation? It's all here.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 9, 2018 via mobile

It goes without saying that the Frito Pie MUST be tried. Omg, it’s so wonderful. But there’s also tons of inexpensive souvenirs and memorabilia. Snacks. Medication. Drinks. T-shirt’s. Wind chimes. I really enjoyed spending time in here.

Date of visit: March 2018
7  Thank thefernweh
Reviewed April 3, 2018

Saw this on TV, so we had to go in. Smelled so good. They were setting up, so we didn’t get the Frito Pie, but the smells from the back of the store were wonderful. Anything you may have forgotten (or not) can be had here.

Date of visit: April 2018
6  Thank Lovingretired
Reviewed March 30, 2018

Go to the back of the store. If you don't have a Frito Pie, you really can't say you've been to Santa Fe.

Date of visit: September 2017