“Nice for Lunch”

Neighborhood: Downtown
Great Bend, Kansas
“Nice for Lunch”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Following suggestions of other reviewers, we tried the French onion soup, which was excellent. The pastries and fresh baked breads are beautiful. I had the St. Michelle dessert and it was wonderful!

2 Thank Pam J

Norwich, Vermont
“Popular French Patisserie at La Fonda!”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

While at the Santa Fe Plaza last Saturday, I decided to have lunch at the French Pastry Shop & Restaurant at La Fonda Hotel. I did not have much time, as I was taking the last shuttle back to the Bishop's Lodge Ranch, so chose the Spinach Quiche and a salad. When it came piping hot, I found the slice absolutely enormous, so asked my waitress to halve it, and box up the other half to have later that evening. I ordered this with a green salad, and it was both tasty and delicious! For dessert, I chose a strawberry/cream gateau from the bakery section, and this was light and delicious, along with some good Americano coffee.

An excellent and reasonably priced lunch! I would return here with pleasure.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Bear59
College Station, Texas, United States
“Old staple”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

So if you don't mind uncomfortably hard seats, the Pastry shop is worth a try. Our crepes were good but they are heavier than one might anticipate. The croissants on our sandwiches were a little old but the pate sandwich was a classic.

1 Thank ProfD81
Dallas, Texas
“Delicious and good service. Very popular.”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

They offer great French coffee and many specialty coffee drinks. Also available are pastries, sandwiches, quiche, and light snacks. It seems to be constantly crowded but a table does not require more than a 10 minute wait. Well located if you are walking around the town.

1 Thank Art_lover_Dallas
Houston, Texas
“Great for Lunch, but bring cash”
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

My family and I had an enjoyable lunch at this restaurant. We only had sandwiches and a peach crepe, all which were very good. Service was good even though there was a lunchtime crowd. Please note they only accept cash (at least when we were there) so be sure you have some on you. Prices are about $10-15/person. Great for a light lunch while exploring downtown Santa Fe.