Chocolate Maven Bakery & Cafe
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed August 21, 2014

I have had lunch here and breakfast. I was not disappointed with either, but the breakfast was memorable. The Santa Fe Tofu Scramble is amazing; in fact just thinking about it is making my mouth water.

The desserts that I've tried have all been delicious, which is what you should expect from a place with chocolate in its name.

The service has always been friendly and attentive.

Brunch gets particularly crowed so plan for a worthwhile wait.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Couldn't do breakfast, but we swung back to try their croissants, they were sad and dry. We purchased their poppy lemon cookie, sugar cookie and peanut butter cookie, sad and dry! I also purchased their brownies for later that day, they were packaged in a plastic seal, but when opened, they also were sad and dry! Based on those experiences, I was amazed that they somehow got the best in ABQ rating. I would not return.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Food is soooo good with great service and pleasant surroundings. Variety on the menu and terrific coffee. Lunch excellent as well.

1  Thank smthibs
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We went here after lunch for a great dessert. This place is either under a new owner or they owners aren't aware of what is going on. The desserts were so overpriced and disgusting. The ganache drizzled over the cake I ordered was grainy, and the lady behind the counter burned our cookie she was going to warm up for us. The service was terrible, and the place and display cases were dirty. Eww, and the coffee was full of grounds. They better wake up or they are going to lose a historically great place to get great desserts. I would not, and will not recommend this to anyone.

2  Thank forthetweeple
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We loved how quickly our food was prepared and happy with the quality and flavors. I was with two travel companions and we were all very pleased.

1  Thank HannaKathryn