“It is Awsome”

Espanola, New Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It is Awsome”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

It was great. It was so much fun. My whole family enjoyed it. Know we go every year. It is nice. I hope you have as much fun as my family had.

Visited March 2013

Santa Fe, New Mexico
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Sun in the heart, not in the eyes”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I always enjoy a good rodeo and this venue never disappoints. It faces East so you never have the sun in your eyes as you experience all the events close up. There are cheap seats that do face West but typically they are not too much cheaper than the East facing seats so unless it sells out, the grandstand is worth the money. Bring a few cushions and a couple of blankets because as the night wares on it gets chilly and those bleachers will do a number on your backside! Yes, even in July.

Visited July 2012
4 Thank Alexa W
santa fe
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Fun with kids”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Low key fun with kids, especially if they haven't been to a rodeo before. Keep your eyes peeled for the rodeo parade downtown before hand.

Visited June 2012
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“go every year”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

me and my boys go every year! they love it and so do I..... i love watching the cowboys YUMMYYY =)

omg what if I dont wanna write 100 characters?????

Visited July 2012
Santa Fe, NM
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Not a Cowboy, Loved Every Minute”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Having begun way back in the early 1950's, I can't think of how to improve on this historic rodeo - it's got everything (mutton busting, bulls, barrels, clowns, fair, food, parade, queen, etc.) A real, crazy, small town event with some big-time national performers. Not too big, not too small. The Mexican cowboys (charros) are a awesome addition. We go every year we can (6x so far).

As this is held during the rainy season, be prepared.
Also, you may eat some mud if you sit on front row seats (join the local crowd in the grandstands).
Don't forget your camera.

Visited June 2011