First off, if you are looking for something close and convenient to the Santa Fe Plaza, this might not be the place for you. We were overnighting on our way ultimately to Moab, Utah, and the location worked for us and our overall plans.
This property was most certainly some other chain in its previous life and only later became branded as a Holiday Inn Express. It is certainly not of the caliber of the newer Holiday Inns, nor Holiday Inn Expresses you see lately. Parking is scarce and awkward (like most parking in Santa Fe). There are no automatic doors to welcome you in and you immediately fall into the registration area and breakfast nook as you enter. There is no real lobby to speak of. It became evident to me that this hotel is the sum total of two separate buildings later conjoined as one making the layout somewhat unusual as a result. The halls are small and narrow, and the decor seemed outdated and kitschy (Santa Fe gone bad). Nevertheless, the staff was extremely friendly and the service was great.
The rooms were clean and tidy, however, we had a Double room (not double Queens) and it was cramped and crowded with furniture that was ill-placed for the allotted space. This could certainly be overcome with more space-efficient furnishings and some appropriate staging by an experienced individual. The rooms DID have a refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot. Don't expect the larger bathrooms either. They are on the smallish side and have not been updated with the larger vanity as other HI properties I have visited.
The pool area almost seems an afterthought and not particularly private. It's positioning/location reminds me of much older MOTELS my parents used to take me to back in the 70's, but it served my two boys' purpose. Most of all, it was clean, and orderly, and secure.
This is not what I have come to expect from Holiday Inn, nor Holiday Inn Express properties I have visited in the past. The rate we paid was $108 for the one night on an advanced booking, but you probably could have found something better for the same, or even lower price further down the street. While the price initially appeared right, the hotel just didn't meet the grade. It certainly didn't make me feel like I was on HOLIDAY with my family. Instead, it reminded me of one of those cheap hotel/motels that the airline usually puts you up in if you have to overnight. But, if it is only a place for you to put your head in the evening, then this might be the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express in Santa Fe, NM. We are conveniently located just 4 miles south of the Santa Fe Historic Downtown Plaza. Just exit I-25 at Cerrillos Road, Exit #278. Come and be our guest while you experience Santa Fe's rich cultural diversity, art galleries, museums, shops, Indian Market and many fine restaurants.Each one of our 76 newly remodeled hotel rooms features a microwave and refrigerator, coffee maker, iron and ironing boards and hair dryer. Our beautiful hotel features the new Stay Smart Bedding Collection in all of our rooms that will make your stay restful and relaxing.Be our guest and enjoy our delicious new full Continental breakfast with hot items. We also have a new fitness and business center and an outdoor pool and guest laundry. We are a pet friendly hotel. We also have high-speed wireless Internet.The Holiday Inn Express is a great choice to host your Santa Fe adventure. We are within an hour drive from Taos, Chimayo, casinos and the Eight Northern New Mexico Pueblos! Santa Fe is host of the Loretto Chapel, home of the Miraculous Staircase, oldest house in the United States, San Miguel Mission which is the oldest church in the US, the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum, Palace of the Governors, Saint Francis of Assisi Basilica, the Santa Fe Opera, and many more attractions! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Santa Fe
- Holiday Inn Express Santa Fe
- Holiday Inn Santa Fe
- Santa Fe Holiday Inn