Tripadvisor
Santa Fe
Post
Inbox
Search

“Very expensive but worth it”
Review of La Casa Sena

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Washington
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Took our family group of 11 out for dinner here on Jan. 1. They gave us our own small room which couldn't have worked out better! Our server was exceptional, the menu selection is impressive and offers many items that are unique and top quality, the food was delivered exactly as described. Everyone (even 4 kids) loved theirs!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (1,482)

Reviewed January 3, 2020 via mobile

Arrived at noon and were seated promptly. Service was very professional--not buddy-buddy. Ruby trout and Israeli couscous was plated beautifully and delicious to eat. Atmosphere and decor are sophisticated, but not pretentious.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed January 3, 2020

Took an out of town guest here and was duly impressed. The attention paid to us was just right, not hovering, but there exactly when we needed it, the food presentation was only equaled by the flavors, and the roaring fireplace was a beautiful sight.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 31, 2019

Enjoyed the food and their twist on Santa Fe New Mexican cuisine, but the servers were not all that friendly...almost seemed bothered we were there in the middle of the day (and we were only one of two couples in the restaurant). But the food was good. Little expensive, but not too bad for a tourist-focused city.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed December 6, 2019

I found this wonderful and small restaurant while using google maps to search for restaurants near my old town hotel. I read the other reviews and decided to give it a try.

I went with a friend for dinner here on a quiet Friday night. The restaurant was clean and ready for our reservation. We were seated near a fireplace at our request and were promptly served water and bread. We ordered Pinot Grigio wine before choosing our meals and received a generous pour.

Our server, Enrique, was attentive and knowledgeable but never hovering. We followed two of his recommendations and were very happy with the results. We ordered two salads to start, the Caesar and mixed greens, both with house dressings. They were fresh and delicious. For dinner I had the trout, my guest had the lamb. Both entrees were cooked perfectly and I would certainly recommend either. This restaurant has an excellent chef.

The cheesecake for dessert was a large portion and we shared a single serving. It was fluffy and lite, colorful and served with a thin glaze. When the bill finally came it was accurate and, considering the quality of the dining experience and level of service, a great value.

I will return to this restaurant on my next visit and will definitely try other menu items. I like pleasant surprises within a reliable establishment.

Date of visit: December 2019