“Fine dining with entertainment”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Casa Sena

La Casa Sena
Reserve with OpenTable
La Casa Sena is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 555 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Washington
Middleville, Michigan
“Fine dining with entertainment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Excellent tasting food and wine. Great service. Enjoyed the entertainment from the local guitarist. Comfortable atmosphere, very pleasurable dining experience.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank Michael G

Los Alamos, New Mexico
“Spectacular food, ambience AND service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

We've really enjoyed relaxing in the bar and courtyard at La Casa Sena during past visits, but a recent serious lunch in the dining room was a revelation. The building itself is historic and charming, and the courtyard in finer weather is unparalleled. We were unknowingly there on the last Friday Santa Fe's annual Restaurant Week to celebrate a friend's birthday. It was casual, with a dollop of special occasion.

The scallops were incredible! As a transplanted Yankee, that's saying something. Our wonderful server Pat said that they are flown in from Prince Edward Island daily. Nothing beats shellfish from cold North Atlantic waters. The chef's Southwest/Asian version, in a coconut lemongrass and red chili broth, is inspired. We sopped up every last drop of the lovely broth with the grilled sourdough. The seafood sampler, hanger steak, relleno, and all the desserts were a huge step up from similar offerings at other Santa Fe restaurants.

A previously requested 3-course vegan meal had been prepared for the birthday boy, the flavors and presentation of which had all the carnivores salivating. Jim's lucky he had any left for himself after our customary, round-the-table plate-sharing.

Pat was a fountain of information on various dishes and wines when asked for her opinions and recommendations. She was friendly, charming and attentive without a trace of the cloying, hovering aspect that can mar efficient service. I wish we'd asked to meet the chef ... what great talent. We'll make La Casa Sena a regular stop when entertaining in future.

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank cineKate
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
“Solidly very good food, service, and atmosphere.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Loved it. Lots of things you will want to try. Though it portrays itself as wine focused I found their Mararitas to be exceptional versus rest of Santa Fe, and their wine list only average. Looks like a great place to hang outside (when it is not Winter).

3 Thank WineShepherd
Dallas, Texas
“Great service, atmosphere and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We love this restaurant. The restaurant is cozy with a fireplace in the main room, the service is so wonderful and the food is amazing. The staff is very knowledgeable and will be happy to work with you to get a gluten free dish.

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank GlutenIntolerant
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Really?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I live and grew up in Santa Fe and during the holiday my mom and two sisters wanted to do a special "girls lunch" at a nice restaurant. My mom chose La Casa Sena. I was the first to arrive and I was told they did not have a reservation for us. I called my mom who assured me she had made the reservation with a gentleman a few days before because she specifically wanted to be in the main dining room. The two hostesses, were not only not helpful but unfriendly. They told me there were plenty of tables and did not try to make sure it would be where we had requested or even acknowledge the missing reservation. I stood there for another 5 minutes with my coat, hat, scarf, and gloves waiting while other people arrived. Each person was asked if they could take their coat as I stood there blatantly ignored. For the amount of money one pays to eat at La Casa Sena the food was ok. There was lipstick on mom's coffee cup after a 10 minute wait for a cappuccino, the parking ridiculous and the treatment shocking; not a restaurant I will be going back to or advising other people to patronize.

• Visited December 2012