“Four Hands is beyond belief”
Review of ten thousand waves

ten thousand waves
Ranked #1 of 46 Spas & Wellness in Santa Fe
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Ten Thousand Waves is inspired by the great Japanese mountain hot spring resorts. Ten minutes from downtown Santa Fe, but only minutes from the National Forest, there is nothing quite like this on the North American continent. Among piñons and junipers are beautiful outdoor hot tubs and spa suites, world-class bodywork & skin care, and the amazing izanami restaurant. For a lucky few, it is the closest lodging to the Santa Fe Ski area.
Reviewed May 28, 2007

I've been to 10,000 Waves several times and have tried to get new treatments each time. I have really enjoyed salt scrubs, massages, herb wraps, nose to toes and recently, the new Japanese style pool. I can tell you the four hand massage puts them all to shame. The massage is as much synchonized dance as massage with times when you can't tell whose hands are whose. Its so well choreographed that I really wanted to watch as much as I wanted to just enjoy the experience. Its worth every penny.

4  Thank ChicagoOnthego
Write a ReviewReviews (1,432)
All reviews
in 20 reviews
"koi pond"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed April 17, 2007

I was surprised to hear how many people did not have a good experience here! The prices are a little high, but I think it's worth it. Everytime I go the people are very nice. I have never had a treatment though, just soaked in the tubs.
The tubs are very nice. You can go in a public one, (Women or community) or you can reserve a private bath.
The gift shop has very nice body products.

Hint; indulge in some Tara's Organic Ice Cream. You'll be glad you did!

1  Thank Snookumms
Reviewed April 12, 2007

The treatment room was freezing and the therapists spent 10 minutes trying to find a space heater. Rushed through the masg. and then started stripping the table before I could get my robe back on. I had to step over the pile of sheets she had thrown on the floor to get out of the room. This was NOT relaxing....not zen...over priced. I will never go back. The next day I tried the Spa at Loretta. Hot bath soak...then masg on heated table. Low lights...candles...aroma..quiet. I would suggest that you pass on TTW and try Loretta...at least it delivers on what you pay for.

6  Thank ocean303
Reviewed January 18, 2007

My partner and I stayed overnight at Ten Thousand Waves shortly after her brother was killed in Afghanistan. We wanted a nice, quiet place to just be. After a couples massage and salt scrub, we headed to New Moon for the night.
The room was very minimalist - with a small fire place, no TV and a very warm feel. It was just what we needed to start the healing process.
We loved that there were so many services to choose from and the fact that they had various sized robes to use to & from the services area.
We would defnitely stay in New Moon again. The salt scrub was a bit harsh for my sensitive skin but the massage was relaxing.

3  Thank KLeeNJ
See more reviews
Reviewed December 29, 2006

We arrived at Ten Thousand Waves truly not knowing what to expect but had had friends from Albuquerque tell us it was a great place to have a complete relaxation experience....exactly what we were looking for in October. We didn't stay at the property but had three different relaxation experiences there. First of all, everything was spotless which made me feel very good about it. The staff is incredible...they are friendly, polite and the actual therapists are beyond belief - at least the 4 that we had. We used the hot tub for two - very private and exceptionally clean in a very serene wooded area toward the back of the building, we had the neck and shoulder therapy and then a full massage - I don't remember the Japanese names for them. This massage has made my back feel the best it ever has from a massage. The experience was so refreshing that we are going back again and will now make it a regular treat a few times a year. Experience it for yourself! Enjoy!

4  Thank FtWorthTraveler

Been to ten thousand waves? Share your experiences!