“relaxing and rejuvenating”
Review of ten thousand waves

ten thousand waves
Ranked #1 of 42 Spas & Wellness in Santa Fe
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Ten Thousand Waves is inspired by the great Japanese mountain hot spring resorts. Ten minutes from downtown Santa Fe, but only minutes from the National Forest, there is nothing quite like this on the North American continent. Among piñons and junipers are beautiful outdoor hot tubs and spa suites, world-class bodywork & skin care, and the amazing izanami restaurant. For a lucky few, it is the closest lodging to the Santa Fe Ski area.
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Peaceful atmosphere, friendly staff, and there is nothing like a soak smelling the pinon in the cold air to renew your spirit!

1  Thank Susie S
There are newer reviews for ten thousand waves

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Be sure to book and a 55 or 80 minute massage and 1 hour in a private Japanese Hot Tub that includes a mountain fed waterfall and private suana. It snowed on us as we "relaxed" in the soothing mountain waters. Total cost with tip for all this... $350!!!

1  Thank tuscanyguy
Reviewed November 13, 2012

When you have spent any time at Ten Thousand Waves, whether it is in a private room or the public tubs, more than likely one comes away recognizing that this is the way it should be done. It is a luxurious, yet laid back atmosphere very conducive to relaxation. There's no dirt in the corners and holes in the walls, figuratively speaking. I have been coming to Ten Thousand Waves since 1983 and have always had a wonderful experience. It is well worth every penny. I have never had a massage here, so I cannot speak to that, although, as a doctor who has employed therapists who have also worked at Ten Thousand Waves, I can vouch for their expertise, so I think you can count on getting the top of the line. If you are in Santa Fe, especially for the first time, and want a memorable moment aside from just the absolute beauty of the landscape, spend a couple of hours here. It's not to be missed.

1  Thank spchiro
Reviewed November 13, 2012

A must do, Japanese spa in the mountains; feels like you could be in Japan. Hot pools, massage treatments, meditation room with chirping birds, pine trees, roaring fire, need I say more.

1  Thank Tina G
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I have been to very few spas. I hope to change that after my experience at Ten Thousand Waves. Beautiful, peaceful, relaxing, and worth the drive/money. I had a prenatal massage and my first facial. I will be back!

1  Thank Kwyn_13

Been to ten thousand waves? Share your experiences!