“World Renowned Spa”
Review of ten thousand waves

ten thousand waves
Ranked #1 of 46 Spas & Wellness in Santa Fe
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Ten Thousand Waves is inspired by the great Japanese mountain hot spring resorts. Ten minutes from downtown Santa Fe, but only minutes from the National Forest, there is nothing quite like this on the North American continent. Among piñons and junipers are beautiful outdoor hot tubs and spa suites, world-class bodywork & skin care, and the amazing izanami restaurant. For a lucky few, it is the closest lodging to the Santa Fe Ski area.
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We have taken many guests to this spa over the years and they have all loved it. A number of them have been men who had never had a prior spa experience. It is only 10 minutes from the Santa Fe Plaza up the ski mountain road and it is in the mountains and is extremely relaxing.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,441)
All reviews
in 20 reviews
"koi pond"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed October 17, 2012

The spot, a short drive outside of Santa Fe, up into the mountains, is sublime. We arrived 90 minutes before our massage appointments and sat outside in the hot tubs. Your choice of communal, male only/female only, or private (we went communal). It's fall, and lazing in the hot pools, looking up at the cerulean blue sky, yellow cottonwoods and green pines was so calming. And we were surprised that when we got out, with just a cotton kimono, we could laze some more in the Adirondack-style chairs perfectly comfortably.

The massages were terrific. I had Ari, my husband had Wayne, both of whom are considered "masters". If I lived here, I'd be there every week.

1  Thank JKFinNYC
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I spent an incredible afternoon at Ten Thousand Waves. From beginning to end, the place itself and the staff enabled me to completely relax and enjoy every second. I had the Buddha Treat. The private bath was a unique. wonderful experience. The combination of the herbal wrap, massage and salt scrub was magical. The therapist, Jackie, was great. Every detail of Ten Thousand Waves seems designed to give you peace, including the relaxation area where you can nap, read, or just chill after your treatment. The staff is kind and professional.

Highly recommend. I've been to a range of spas, and this is the most unique, non-stuffy, and absolutely relaxing one that I've been to.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

If heaven has an ocean, there must be "Ten Thousand Waves" there! This was my birthday treat, so I booked "The Natural" spa package, and upgraded to the Shoji private bath, primarily because this particular bath has the capability to be lowered in temperature. The 106 tubs are often a bit too hot for me, so they dialed this one back to 100, which was just perfect!

I have been to Japanese-style spas before, but this was the first time I have had the luxury of having the hot sauna, cold plunge pool, tub, and two resting areas all in one area, so I didn't have to "robe up" each time I wanted to get in the cold plunge! It was such a luxury! And the "Yasuragi" (head neck treatment included in the Natural package) put me into some kind of semi-conscious state that had to be close to nirvana. My only regret was that I did not go earlier in the day. I spent four hours here, and could have easily spent a couple more in the "relax room" and woman's pool. But alas I had reservations for my "birthday dinner," so I had to leave...eventually!

The spa was a bit crowded...a beehive of activity because of the Balloon Fiesta going on in ABQ, yet I rarely came in contact with other guests. When I did, they were quiet and invisible. Someone was always bringing me water, escorting me about, or immediately responsive if I asked for anything. Oh, and wait till you sit on the heated, interactive toilet seat! ;-)

If I return to Santa Fe, I might overnight there next time...