“Excellent Beer and a Good New Mexican Meal”
Review of Blue Corn Cafe

Blue Corn Cafe
Ranked #57 of 578 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed September 7, 2013

First let me say that this is a review of the south location and not the Water Street restaurant.
I had the Roadrunner IPA and it was easily the most flavorful IPA that I've tried in this country. I was in love at the first sip. My wife had the Atomic Blonde Lager and it was also very good.
I love New Mexican food and was not disappointed with my meal. The combination platters were huge, well prepared and a good compliment to the beer.
The atmosphere is a little like a franchise steakhouse at this location but the food and beer made me forget about that.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,248)

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Have eaten here 4 yrs ago but has been redecorated since then. Clean et nice southwestern decor. The corn chowder was wonderful as were the nachos. We sat by the window et were able to enjoy the view et nice breeze. Worth a try. It was around 8:30PM et place was packed. Service was a little slow but we were not in a hurry et waiter was very nice et apologetic....he was doing the best he could.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

A late evening meal al fresco was just the ticket at this very nice restaurant. The drinks and food were well worth the price. I ate at the Cerrillos Road location. They have a very tall hops plant growing near the patio wall, which was pretty interesting. I was glad to eat outdoors under the stars.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We sat upstairs on the patio overlooking Water Street, which was rather interesting. Service was rather slow. The food was average, but I was expecting authentic New Mexican cuisine, which it was not. I probably would not recommend this restaurant to someone who wanted to try New Mexican cuisine.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife had the crab dip (cheese and LOTS of lump crab meat) with a generous supply of chips. I had the chicken enchiladas with GREEN Chiles. Very tasty. We both were very pleased with the food.