“Excellent breads and pastries”
Review of Sage Bakehouse

Sage Bakehouse
Ranked #1 of 11 Bakeries in Santa Fe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I'm quite the expert on breads and pastries and I can honestly say this is one of the top 3 places in Santa Fe. Forget Chocolate Maven this is the real Mc Coy (real deal)!

5  Thank mexicanart

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Delicious pastry and bread made with love and a delightful little place to sit down and have morning coffee and a bite to eat. Everything was delish, but the much praised almond pastry tasted a bit boozy or something, not sure what it was, like it had fermented. Maybe it was a bad batch, but the ham and gruyere tarts were fab.

6  Thank rephello1
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I am a local here in Santa Fe. I have been going to Sage Bakehouse for years. They have changed a lot. First of all, the best sandwich ever is no longer on the menu (chicken and grilled onions with aioli). Second, and more importantly, I waited 15 minutes for a ham and fontina cheese panini. Once I got home, I realized I just paid $8.00 for ONE slice of ham! Unacceptable.

1  Thank Carrie H
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Based upon another review, we headed to Sage Bakehouse (Clafoutis was closed). The Cinnamon roll was delicious! I split one with my mum, and we each had a latte! ( once the latte was finished, a gratis refill of drip coffee was offered). We took an Almond Croissant and a Lemon Honey Tart to go. Both were very good! The breads ALL looked beautiful, and did notice many locals coming in to purchase multiple loaves! Staff and owner were all friendly and the small bakery was clean and charming! If you are in Santa Fe, stop in and treat yourself to something yummy!

8  Thank DessertDiva208
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I work in the test kitchen at King Arthur Flour, and am always on the lookout for good bakeries on the road. We came to Sage Bakehouse half an hour before they closed, and were immediately welcomed as kindred souls. Our group (4 of us) took a run around the menu and enjoyed the salads, tartines, danish, and soup immensely. The staff was helpful, very knowledgeable, and the table inside the shop made me feel like I was at a boulangerie in France. Highly recommend for a break while you're hitting the vintage clothing shops up and down the street.

9  Thank ChefFactotum

Been to Sage Bakehouse? Share your experiences!