“Wonderful Evening!”

The Compound Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Compound Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 587 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Southwestern, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Historic District
Cross street: Paseo de Peralta
Description: Mark Kiffin, celebrated chef, owner, and author of the Compound Restaurant, has won the James Beard Foundation award as one of America's Best Chefs. The Compound is Santa Fe's premier restaurant with Chef Kiffin's acclaimed seasonal Contemporary American cuisine derived from Santa Fe's rich heritage of regional and Mediterranean influences. The New York Times, Gourmet magazine, The Wall Street Journal and Wine Spectator have all selected the Compound as Santa Fe's favorite. Equally impressive is the attentive, highly knowledgeable and friendly staff. Chef Kiffin's menus focus on the exclusive changes in seasons such as hearty braised dishes in the fall and winter using apples, pears and cider from local harvests, osso bucco and porcini risotto while in spring and summer feature fresh local vegetables and naturally raised organic lamb and delectable strawberries.
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Wow! That's all I can say after having an amazing dinner and overall evening at The Compound in Santa Fe! My husband and I went with friends, and we sat outside on their beautiful patio. It HAS to be one of the nicest patios in Santa Fe! Everything from the wine....to the dessert was fabulous. I had the duck breast, and it was the best I've ever had at a restaurant. I had the Tuna Tartar for an appetizer and I will surely have it on my next trip. My husband got the steak and said it was perfectly seasoned and cooked. Desserts were a treat too! The Chef stopped by our table to make sure everything was good. I cannot wait until I go back! I highly recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank Helen D

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was by far the best restaurant we ate at while there for 4 days. Service was superb, ambiance was beautiful, nice conversation with the tables next to us, very relaxed ambiance with incredible food. Not cheap, but very well worth the price and might I add one of the best martinis I've had!

2  Thank Carolyn R
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The tuna appetizer is to die for! I could have eaten more for and entree. My salmon was well prepared, but others in our family thought their meals were not up to the price paid - espcially the chicken which was dry.

1  Thank pres2n
Reviewed May 13, 2014

While walking up and down Canyon Road, decided to stop for a rest and light lunch. Local friends had suggested we try this restaurant during our visit. What a delightful spot! We were seated at the back terrace with a view of the lovely garden. Immediately you felt relaxed and luxurious! Our waiter, Rodolfo, suggested we try the house special Margarita which was an excellent choice ; delicate, refreshing and tasty! We ordered the crab/lobster salad with a citric vinaigrette which I am still savoring. I returned home inspired to try and re-create this lovely salad during our hot summer months in the Caribbean.

1  Thank margawil
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Tired from a long walk on Canyon Road we stopped for lunch at The Company. We ordered the house made pastrami sandwich with a tangy slaw made with nappa cabbage with whole mustard seed. The homemade chips were paper thin and delicious. I felt a bit guilty ordering something so prosaic as a pastrami sandwich with so many tantalizing items to choose from but sometimes getting the easy item elevated is a harder feat to pull off. The Compound deserves all the accolades it receives. On our way out two ladies approached to ask if it was any good. Obviously they were not in the know so we assured them they wouldn't be disappointed.

1  Thank Donna S