“Make this stop in Santa Fe”
Review of Tortilla Flats

Tortilla Flats
Ranked #91 of 587 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2010

Found this gem about five years ago. Have been back several times since then when we were in Santa Fe.

Delicious New Mexican food (I call it Mexican food). Margaritas are served in iced tea size glasses.

Reasonable prices. Have seen everything from men and women in business attire in here to families with children.

By the way, their breakfasts are outstanding too!

5  Thank CoastalDog

Reviewed September 27, 2010

Picked this restaurant based on description in auto club TourBook. Food was pretty good, but have had better NM cuisine in the area. Husband loved being able to order from the breakfast menu, even though it was after 4:30 pm. Surprisingly, the waitress did not know you could - he had to point it out to her. I had a cup (looked like a bowl) of chicken tortilla soup as an appetizer to chilli rellenos - all were very good. Could have done without the posada. Glad the waitress suggested the sopapillas over the tortillas - they were like a bit of heaven. However, with all the NM cuisine restaurants in the area, I would definitely try somewhere else as Tortilla Flats did not stand out.

4  Thank Idreamof
Reviewed September 8, 2010

Great breakfast, Nice atmosphere and very friendly waitress. Had been there in the past put dont remember it being as good as it was this time.

6  Thank Bstyck
Reviewed July 31, 2010

While shopping in the Santa Fe Plaza, we asked a shop owner to suggest a restaurant. Not wanting the typical tourist restaurant, we specifically wanted to know where the locals ate. We were assured Tortilla Flats was the place, and that the food would be great. We ate there for lunch, and had New Mexican dishes, which were all excellent. The sopapillas at the end of the meal were ridiculously large, and they were light and flaky to boot. We decided to eat at Tortilla Flats the next day for breakfast, and we weren't disappointed. The whole wheat pancakes loaded with baked-in blueberries were scrumptious! My only quibble was that I asked for some green chili sauce to put on my eggs, and when the bill came, we were charged $1.60 or so for the small cup of sauce! Really petty, I thought. Except for that, everything was excellent, and we'll eat there again on our next trip to Santa Fe.

5  Thank farmers_daughter59
Reviewed June 29, 2010

We stumbled across this place and were very pleased with it. We ordered the Fajitas for one (even though there were two of us) because we don't live there and wouldn't be able to keep the leftovers and I was stuffed when we left and I'm not a small eater. The waiter couldn't have been nicer. He gave us four tortillas and three soapapillas which I loved. I hated to leave the extra soapapilla but I would have really been uncomfortable if I ate it. If we are ever in Santa Fe again we will definitely stop by Tortilla Flats. We were there on a Sunday evening and sat outside - there wasn't any music so can't comment on that.

8  Thank FerndaleGirl