“So good, we ate there twice on our trip”
Review of Tortilla Flats

Tortilla Flats
Ranked #62 of 564 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Lubbock, TX
“So good, we ate there twice on our trip”
Reviewed July 31, 2010

While shopping in the Santa Fe Plaza, we asked a shop owner to suggest a restaurant. Not wanting the typical tourist restaurant, we specifically wanted to know where the locals ate. We were assured Tortilla Flats was the place, and that the food would be great. We ate there for lunch, and had New Mexican dishes, which were all excellent. The sopapillas at the end of the meal were ridiculously large, and they were light and flaky to boot. We decided to eat at Tortilla Flats the next day for breakfast, and we weren't disappointed. The whole wheat pancakes loaded with baked-in blueberries were scrumptious! My only quibble was that I asked for some green chili sauce to put on my eggs, and when the bill came, we were charged $1.60 or so for the small cup of sauce! Really petty, I thought. Except for that, everything was excellent, and we'll eat there again on our next trip to Santa Fe.

5 Thank farmers_daughter59

Tucson, Arizona
“Loved it!”
Reviewed June 29, 2010

We stumbled across this place and were very pleased with it. We ordered the Fajitas for one (even though there were two of us) because we don't live there and wouldn't be able to keep the leftovers and I was stuffed when we left and I'm not a small eater. The waiter couldn't have been nicer. He gave us four tortillas and three soapapillas which I loved. I hated to leave the extra soapapilla but I would have really been uncomfortable if I ate it. If we are ever in Santa Fe again we will definitely stop by Tortilla Flats. We were there on a Sunday evening and sat outside - there wasn't any music so can't comment on that.

8 Thank FerndaleGirl
globeseeker007
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,141 helpful votes
“Just another greasey spoon restaurants”
Reviewed June 4, 2010

If you like dining with kids screaming and chaos around, this is the place for you. The place is short on wait staff because the person who waited on us took a long time. I asked for the check when the food arrived. After finishing part of our dinner, we gathered the cash and waited on the person who had waited on us. After tiring of it, I got the person over who goes around filling glasses and gave her the money. It was our first and last time in this place.

4 Thank globeseeker007
Edgewood, New Mexico
“A good place to try”
Reviewed April 14, 2010

My GF and I have been on a bender, every week we have date night and try someplace new we haven't gone to in SF. We tried Tortilla Flats a while back, and were very happy with the experience. Live music, great service, and good food if slightly high on the price side (nothing to break the bank, but not the cheapest out there either.)

5 Thank NissanDragger
“It's been ten years since I lived in NM...”
Reviewed March 15, 2010

It's been ten years since I lived in NM where I worked near Tortilla Flats & had lunch there frequently. Now that I'm visiting for a few days, I couldn't wait to take my kids there for lunch. I was SO happy to find it in the same location. My daughter said they were the best quesadillas she's ever had! The sopapillas are huge, always fresh, & super yummy. Service was excellent.

5 Thank Boopsroojord