“sometimes ok”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
“sometimes ok”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have eaten at Tortilla Flats on and off for years. I sometimes eat there with friends sometimes by myself. I find Tortilla Flats is on again and off again. They go through times where they are very good and then they go through times where they are average and sometimes not that good.
They seem to be going through an average period. I went a few days ago and got the brisket tacos. They were just average. The meat was barely warm and kind of dried out. The taco shells got wet from the moisture on the plate and lost their crunch. I've had much better in the past.
Despite the up and down they stay popular. That may be because of the reasonable prices, not sure. Sometimes the service is REALLY slow.

• Visited January 2013

Texas
“Authentic New Mexican/Southwestern Food”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We first ate at this restaurant around 5 years ago during our first trip to Santa Fe. It was my first time experiencing New Mexican/Southwestern food and I had been craving it ever since. When we returned to Santa Fe this year, we couldn't remember the name of the restaurant but had a general recollection of the location. We both go the plate with 2 enchiladas, 1 tamale, posole, black beans and sopapillas. We are used to Tex-Mex food which usually consists of massive amounts of greasy melted cheddar cheese and refried beans. We absolutely LOVE the flavoring and preparation of these foods. The restaurant was very crowded when we ate there, but our service was quick and polite. My ONLY complaints are that the restrooms weren't easy to locate. I walked around for a minute looking for a sign, arrow, anything and saw none. Our waitress was keying in our order and there was another waitress standing there with her. I politely asked where the restroom was the other waitress (not ours) just rudely said, "Over there", waved her hand in the general direction of the KITCHEN and continued conversing with out waitress. I hesitantly walked that way afraid I was entering the kitchen, but to my left were the restrooms. Other than that we were happy with our food, service and value we paid. We will definitely return to this restaurant.

• Visited December 2012
6 Thank Samantha S
“never again”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Have gone there every month for many years. As a local, and advertising publisher, have to warn people that this establishment falls in the top 3 of worst service in the entire city and changes over employees monthly.
Food on scale of 1 to 10 is approximately a 5. Would never recommend.

• Visited November 2012
9 Thank samonella s
“Very Good”
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

I just ate lunch there- had the Caesar salad with chicken. It was very fresh. The lettuce was very crunchy, and the dressing was seasoned perfectly. The grilled chichen was so moist and flavorful.

2 Thank MtzlL
Placitas, New Mexico
“Where you want to eat every day”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This a place where you can bring guests from Kansas, like we did last week, or just go have a wonderful Mexican dinner after a day of shopping, enjoying the art galleries or just to give the wife a break. We frequent this restaurant for the home cooked style of food. The chile is some of the best. My favorite is the Vegetarian Tostada (I am not a vegetarian). It is chucked full of cheese and healthy vegetables. Service is always good and you never have to wait for a table.

Visited October 2012