“Where Waitressing is a 2nd Career”
Review of Cowgirl BBQ

Cowgirl BBQ
Ranked #37 of 565 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Description: Re-imagined American comfort food and mesquite-smoked BBQ are the mainstays. Add 24 craft brewed beers on tap and nightly entertainment, plus a kid-friendly play area. Daily blue-plate and pint beer specials Everything made in house, from scratch. Catering and private party rooms, too!
Wailuku, Hawaii
“Where Waitressing is a 2nd Career”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Went for dinner to try the Mardi Gras menu. The regular menu has a good variety of choices as well. The place can get quite crowded, so if you are going on a busy night, you should probably make a reservation. Drinks are great. Food is average . Service was distracted - the waitress seemed like she'd rather be anywhere else. Because of lack of service, the meal seemed like an ordeal. With the other great dining choices in Santa Fe, I doubt I'd go back.

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank Tom B

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Santa Fe, NM
“Vegetarians Can Love The Cowgirl BBQ”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Here is a great restaurant for a mixed group. By "mixed" I mean carnivores and vegetarians. I come to the Cowgirl several times a month and never get bored with the menu selections. For non-meat eaters there is a broad selection of appetizers, salads and entrees. My personal favorites include the roasted head of garlic served with melted cheese and toast points. For the salad I've never been disappointed by the baby arugula with goat cheese. Entree repeat favorite is the chili rellenos. When there is a vegi special I usually go with that since it will be a seasonal treat.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Joshua F
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“A great night out”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

The Cowgirl is a standard. Locals and visitors all frequent this joint. We loved it when we were tourists and still love it now that we are locals. We even brought my family here when they came to visit. For Restaurant Week, Cowgirl had a special for twenty five dollars per couple, which included an appetizer to share, two entrees and a dessert to share. Wow! delicious dependable food at a great price. It was a double treat because Cowgirl celebrates Mardi Gras. They have a special menu. We started with Cajun crab cakes topped with a remoulade sauce served with a tomatoes and pepper sauce. I had an Abita Amber which was on tap. My wife had the La Cumbre Elevated IPA. We both enjoy La Cumbre. See one of my previous reviews. Our friends had a house margarita. I had the crawfish etouffee. As did one of our friends. In the middle of my plate was a helping of rice with sauteed crawfish tails in a rich roux based sauce. My wife had the Cajun blackend mahi which was served on a bed of rice with Sardou sauce of creamed spinach and artichokes. Our other friend had the petite sirloin which is a 6 oz center-cut, choice sirloin grilled to order and served on a bed of caramelized onions and topped with a green chile strip. It also came with a huge mound of hand-cut fries.
For dessert, we choose the cowgirl mud pie which is dulce de leche and chocolate ice cream layered with ganache on an Oreo cookie crumb crust, topped with pecans and served with warm Belgian chocolate sauce with house made whipped cream. I love this dessert. Our friends had the Jim Beam Whisky bread pudding which was served with bourbon hard sauce and house made whipped cream.
We went on a Saturday night. My advice would be to make reservations like we did. The place gets packed. Our wait person did not rush us. She was speedy with our drinks and our food. We have always had a great time here and will be back.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank SkipponRoute66
Lubbock, Texas
“Not as good as expected”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This place is cute and convenient to the Plaza. They have a wide variety on the menu. Service not great. Food was only average at best. With so many other great places to eat at in Santa Fe, I won't be back.

Visited February 2014
5 Thank Mojica1
Blue Hill, Maine
“Loved it.”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We went for Sunday brunch. Live jazz and $3 pint specials. Place was packed, but they clearly had their flow down and the waitresses and servers were doing an amazing job. Food was excellent and quick. We got rack of ribs, pulled pork sandwich, homemade cream of tomato soup. Desserts looked excellent, but we were stuffed. Maybe next time. Tucked away in a quiet little side street, a nice locals place. Highly recommend.

Visited February 2014