“Excellent food on a beautiful patio”
Review of Cowgirl BBQ

Cowgirl BBQ
Ranked #38 of 574 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Re-imagined American comfort food and mesquite-smoked BBQ are the mainstays. Add 24 craft brewed beers on tap and nightly entertainment, plus a kid-friendly play area. Daily blue-plate and pint beer specials Everything made in house, from scratch. Catering and private party rooms, too!
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

We spent our 40th anniversary in Santa Feel and we decided to go to this place since we were in the railroad district. I had the pulled pork sandwich and my wife had the salmon dinner. Both were plentiful and tasty.My wife especially enjoyed the scalloped potatoes. The service was great , as was the patio.

There are newer reviews for Cowgirl BBQ

Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my meal here- I got the fri to pie which is literally a snack size bag of fritos with chilli on top. I thought it was delicious and a perfect portion. The price was great too. My husband on the other hand unfortunately did not enjoy his meal. He got the Mac n cheese with green chille. Sadly it was mostly green chille and it ruined it for him bc that was all he could taste. It was soupy so it wasn't like he could scrape it off.
The place itself is super cute if somewhat kitschy. Lots of photos and old signs etc. there is an outdoor area and a poolroom which is where we ended up eating because the wait for the restaurant area was too long. Overall I would recommend this place. Maybe ask a lot of questions before deciding on your order though!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Went there last Tuesday when visiting Santa Fe. The service was barely adequate...and that was the good news. We ordered the sampler plate (ribs, chicken and brisket) it that was some of the poorest excuse for BBQ we have ever experienced. The chicken and brisket were so overcooked and dry that is was chore to swallow them. The ribs were soft and mushy when they should have had some resistance. I have as smoker at home and can cook any of the above so much better then here. I would love to give them some cooking/smoking lessons but I live over 400 miles away.

21  Thank Stephen J
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is a great place to have a good time and enjoy some good "cowgirl" food. We seem make a visit or two on each of our visits to Santa Fe and always have a good time. The staff is dressed in cowboy western clothing - hats, shirts, boots, jeans, etc. which really adds to the "cowgirl" feel of this casual fun restaurant. Great Ribs and Cold Beer and live music. It is an easy walk from downtown Santa Fe, so no need to drive your car and look for parking. On our last visit we met 6 ladies from North Carolina that were taking a road trip on historic ROUTE 66 and were driving from Chicago to LA. A fun place.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Place to go for fun and food (keep your expectations low). We went on Cinqo de Mayo and the place was hoping. Though they said we had to wait 30 minutes for a table unless you remind them they don't come to find you. Lots of action at the bar (younger crowd), lots of cowboy hats, and live music on the outside plaza. They also have a separate room for families and a billiards room next door. Even though we are older, we had a lot of fun. This is only a few blocks for the Historic Santa Fe.

1  Thank Snookie709