“Tried it! Liked it!!”

Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Located in an historic 300 year old adobe building in Santa Fe's oldest neighborhood. The Pink Adobe has been a Santa Fe tradition since 1944. Founded by Rosalea Murphy, the Pink is a unique blend of culinary delights, Santa Fe style and a true City Different experience. Today, Rosalea's family continues this tradition by offering menu favorites from the past 60 years served with our warm Santa Fe hospitality.
Reviewed June 1, 2013

The Pink Adobe was one of those nice surprises one gets when visiting a city. Because the weather was so beautiful in Santa Fe, we were looking for a charming little patio setting. We were accommodated and welcomed. The place is "no fuss", fun, and charming. The food was delicious and presented in generous portions! My husband and I had a happy evening conversing with other diners. All in all, it didn't get much better and we left with a smile.

There are newer reviews for Pink Adobe

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We went here on a friend's recommendation. What a mistake! We ordered two margaritas, and I asked mine to not be very sweet. The drinks were ok, not great. (More on this later.) We ordered dinner and had to wait forever to finally be served. The waiter apologized and told us dessert would be on him. The escargot appetizer was excellent but the rest of the meal went downhill. My shrimp salad was uneventful; it needed some flavor to it, perhaps a little spice. My husband ordered the Steak Dunigan, medium rare. It was overdone and extremely tough. He only ate half of it and believe me, he usually eats everything. The waiter asked if we wanted the remainder wrapped and we said no. My husband mentioned that it was not very good. The waiter said he would take if off the bill and again offered us desserts on him. My husband told him that he wasn't asking for any compensation, but that he wanted to let the establishment know that he was disappointed.

We didn't really want dessert but looked at the menu anyway. We decided not to order any. When we got the bill, we were surprised to see no compensation at all. In fact, there was an extra charge for the margaritas! At this point we were fed up, and decided to just pay and leave. We are usually excellent tippers, but this guy only got 12%. I hope he reads these reviews.

17  Thank segRhodeIsland
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Ambience, food, and staff were all above par. The blue corn enchiladas lived up to the hype as did the appetizer trio of salsa, guacomole and queso. With an ice cold Negro Modelo, it hit the spot on a warm day.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Ate here on a business trip with a large group. The restaurant was recommended by family who hadn't been to Santa Fe in several years. The atmosphere is great - feels very much like Santa Fe. The food was okay -steaks we're not cooked correctly but had good flavor. Seafood enchiladas seemed to be smothered in something similar to lobster bisque. Guacamole was really good, and the apple pie ala mode was delicious. Everyone in our group enjoyed dinner, and my husband and I are glad we experienced it, once. It's not a place we will return on future trips, but might be in a different area where there weren't so many choices of really good restaurants.

4  Thank mln68
Reviewed May 22, 2013

The food just wasn't up to the standard of other restaurants in Santa Fe. Although a lovely venue, I was disappointed in my meal, as were others at my table.

17  Thank SusanK283