“Beautiful venue, outstanding meal.”
Review of La Plazuela

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Old Santa Fe Trail
Description: La Plazuela takes an innovative approach to New Mexican cuisine, cooking up traditional recipes with an enticing new twist. Nestled in the heart of La Fonda on the Plaza, is the most intimate among restaurants in Santa Fe.
Reviewed November 11, 2019 via mobile

In the lovely atrium of the La Fonda on the Plaza hotel, the quality of the food and the excellent service made this wonderful evening. A nice wine list added to the enjoyment.

Date of visit: November 2019
Write a reviewReviews (2,599)

Reviewed November 9, 2019 via mobile

The new food manager has done a great job so far. He has updated the menus and the food is great. Creative choices for this somewhat picky eater. This visit I had quail breast tacos and a salad. The salad was good and the tacos were delicious. Service is spot-on. Ambience is a mellow bustle, noise level can be quite loud and I know it's always chilly in there, so I go prepared. Enjoy.

Date of visit: October 2019
John C, Director of Food and Beverage at La Plazuela, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2019

Thank you for the wonderful feedback and we will most certainly share with the team. We appreciate your continued patronage and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed November 8, 2019

We had an outstanding dining experience at La Plazuela in La Fonda. The food was exceptional, as was the service. We both had steaks and enchiladas and they were wonderful. It was a fun environment that was upscale but not stuffy and too formal like some of the other restaurants in Santa Fe. We will definitely come back.

Reviewed November 6, 2019 via mobile

I had the Eggs Benedict three times in eight days. I always substituted pork sausages for the Canadian Bacon which I like so much better. The tomatillos really add a nice tartness to the eggs and Hollandaise sauce in this dish. Unfortunately I did not care for the potato with peppers and onions that come with this but my husband was happy to help me out with them. The others dining with me loved the oatmeal with berries. The dining room is really beautiful and very pleasant to be in.

1  Thank chars436
Reviewed November 5, 2019 via mobile

We were pleased to find a straight forward as advertised dinner option on the final night of our stay in Santa Fe. The atmosphere is nice and inviting and the menu didn’t need any translation. The food and service were both very good. The filet and skirt steak fajitas are both recommended.