“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Plazuela at La Fonda

La Plazuela at La Fonda
Reserve with OpenTable
La Plazuela at La Fonda is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 535 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Southwestern, Gluten Free, International
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Old Santa Fe Trail
Dallas, Texas
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

My wife picked La Plazuela because of the balcony upstairs to watch the sunset. We decided to try the local fare. It was so worth it! The fajitas were wonderful. We'd never had posole before and it was amazing. The service and atmosphere were top notch.

Reno/Lake Tahoe
“Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We happened upon this restaurant one night as we wandered back to our hotel. Situated withing the La Fonda hotel compound was this lively Southwest Mexican style restaurant. We vowed to return the next night for dinner. We both had eyes for strictly Mexican dishes, so I ordered two types of enchiladas while he ordered tacos,with guacamole and beans. Everything tasted so fresh and had great flavor. We would most likely return if ever in the Santa Fe area.

• Visited July 2014
New York City, New York
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Had dinner here recently, and it was the best restaurant experience I had on my trip, between both Albuquerque and Santa Fe. Its a real nice atmosphere at night, and the food was fantastic. The King Salmon fish dish I had (cooked medium rare) with risotto and vegetables, was honestly one of the best fish dishes I have ever had in my life. Also, the other entrees I tasted, as well as the appetizer and desert were all also excellent. Definitely recommend if you are in Santa Fe.

2 Thank 3ebfan511
Manchester England
“amazing atmosphere, good food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

This restuarant is a mix of mexican and American menus served in an amazing indoor courtyard. Not cheap but was good and friendly efficient service. My wife enjoyed her Mexican and I had a great Prime Rib. The "made at the table" guacamole was perfect We would return

Visited August 2014
1 Thank KPEngland
Torrington, Connecticut
“Awesome Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Our first choice for breakfast in the Plaza area of Santa Fe had a line out the door, so we tried La Fonda and what a treat! Though busy, we were seated right away. Menu had a number of interesting choices, so my wife and I decided to go crazy and order three entries: a Oaxaca egg dish, blue corn pancakes, and a biscuit smothered in a gravy suffused with green chiles. Great choices all. Service was friendly. Would definitely return for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

2 Thank Kim N