“Must Have Breakfast”

Ranked #16 of 590 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Tecolote Cafe was started in 1980 by Bill and Alice Jennison with a desire to feed guests great meals, affordably, with superior service. Mr. Bill and Alice's recipes have been pleasing palettes for 31 years. In May of 2010, sadly, we lost Mr. Bill after a long and accomplished life. Since August 2010, Katherine Adkins (Bill and Alice's daughter) and her husband Matt Adkins have been doing their best to honor Mr. Bill and Ms. Alice's vision in carrying on the family business. Sadly we also lost Ms.Alice in December of 2012. We offer a varied menu focusing primarily on New Mexican breakfast and lunch cuisine, as well as some American favorites.We bake all of our breads in house as well as our muffins and biscuits contained in our bakery basket. A little known secret to our great burgers? Fresh baked Kaiser rolls to vehicle our superb patties and ingredients. Whether you come for breakfast or lunch, we are sure you will be pleased with our delectable choices and our warm, friendly atmosphere. If you aren't, just let us know so we can make your experience everything you hoped for!Katie and I can't wait to see you on your next visit. So, come on in, and remember, we serve "Great breakfast, No toast!", just for you.
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The first time we visited Tecolote, I wasn't too certain the wait would be worth the dining experience and i'm so so glad I was wrong! The service wasn't bad, but the food was magnificent. We've had several of their menu items now and none have disappointed.

5  Thank Momma_cupKate

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We ate breakfast here for our last day on our family vacation. Both of my kids have talked about it all day and I'm finding myself wishing we could come back to Santa Fe next week just for the breakfast. My husband, daughter and I all had different egg dishes which were all scrumptious, and my son had a short stack of sliced strawberry pancakes which he said were the best an cakes ever. The were definitely huge! He didn't come anywhere near finishing them and we recommend getting just one! Can't wait for our next trip here!

4  Thank kkaspar1119
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had been here before, and were drawn to the fact that this restaurant was featured by Chef Guy Fiere on Food Network's Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. We were not disappointed! This time we brought my daughter and her husband to check out the quirky "Owl" atmosphere and the fantastic breakfast fare. Many of us ordered the "Atole Pinon" pancakes, I had them with a side of bacon. They were incredible! Made with blue corn, they were probably some of the best pancakes I have ever had! The blue corn created a moist, fluffy cake with pinon nuts (pine nuts) that added a crunchy bite. The service was very excellent. Our waitress was personable, attentive and had a wonderful sense of humor. Don't miss this gem in the Southwest if you are in the area!

4  Thank bteghtmeyer
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I don't dole out excellent much, this breakfast and lunch place deserves it. It's hard to find something different about breakfast foods...you would think...until you eat here. Eggs area actually prepared the way you order them, not greasy. A basket of fresh made pastries aren't usual breakfast fare...except here. Awesome muffins, and creative, served hot from the oven. I learned all breakfast sausage is not the same. Here, great quality meat, prepared perfectly, again not swimming in grease show on your plate. Potatoes Anna, if you never had them or don't know what they are, are essentially thinly sliced potatoes, layer in a skillet in olive oil and seasoned (if your Italian) and are a real treat at home. I'd be back here knowing that's on the side of my eggs Benedict. Friendly staff and environment. Is it a couple bucks more that your average breakfast cafe...probably, but you will gladly pay it knowing your meal was this fresh and tasty. EAT BREAKFAST HERE....SERIOUSLY

4  Thank CliveWatkins
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Go for breakfast and get the Atole Piñon (blue corn) pancakes. They are huge, so I'd just get one with a side of potatoes. The service is great and our waitress was very friendly. Highly recommend this place!!!

5  Thank AliseRenee