Tecolote Cafe
Ranked #28 of 577 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Tecolote Cafe was started in 1980 by Bill and Alice Jennison with a desire to feed guests great meals, affordably, with superior service. Mr. Bill and Alice's recipes have been pleasing palettes for 31 years. In May of 2010, sadly, we lost Mr. Bill after a long and accomplished life. Since August 2010, Katherine Adkins (Bill and Alice's daughter) and her husband Matt Adkins have been doing their best to honor Mr. Bill and Ms. Alice's vision in carrying on the family business. Sadly we also lost Ms.Alice in December of 2012. We offer a varied menu focusing primarily on New Mexican breakfast and lunch cuisine, as well as some American favorites.We bake all of our breads in house as well as our muffins and biscuits contained in our bakery basket. A little known secret to our great burgers? Fresh baked Kaiser rolls to vehicle our superb patties and ingredients. Whether you come for breakfast or lunch, we are sure you will be pleased with our delectable choices and our warm, friendly atmosphere. If you aren't, just let us know so we can make your experience everything you hoped for!Katie and I can't wait to see you on your next visit. So, come on in, and remember, we serve "Great breakfast, No toast!", just for you.
Reviewed July 9, 2013

usually no waiting if you are solo on weekend. love the pasole option. always good. bread basket not as good a s it used to be

4  Thank woodswoman111

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Just returned from our favorite local breakfast feast. The Red and Green chile burrito knows no equal in Santa Fe or anywhere else, so far as I know. This place will be moving soon; so try and get there before that to enjoy the funky ambience. Wait staff has been there for near 20 years or so; and the same ownership passed down to the next generation. Put this on your must do list when you come to Santa Fe.

4  Thank Howard R
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

We just finished eating. First off, the staff is very accommodating. My wife had the huevos yucaticos and I had the carne y huevos. Delicious! I'm a man who can handle spicy food, and the carne y huevos had just the right amount of slow burn for breakfast. It'd you're in Santa Fe, looking for breakfast, this it's a must.

3  Thank ogieone
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My wife and I were very hungry from our flights from Spokane and Salt Lake City to Albuquerque but , we managed to wait till we arrived in Santa Fe to find a decent meal. Luckily for us, we spotted Tecolote Cafe as we drove into Santa Fe. I happened to remember that Guy Fieri of DDD on the Food Network recommended this restaurant. So, we pulled into the parking lot a entered. The place was packed, which is common here on weekends and for the locals and after church Sunday rush. We only had to wait till a table was cleared and we were seated directly. I remember eating an egg and bacon breakfast (with a superb Green Chili on the side). My wife had some potatoes and bacon which were cooked well and she enjoyed her meal. We had a nice visit with our server Anthony Baca. We also were introduced to the owner Katie Adkins. These people love their work and their restaurant and the dining here easily reflects that love right back to the customers. They also serve Farmer's Brothers coffee. I go out of my way to seek places that serve this coffee. Never bitter. Anyway, we returned for a second lovely breakfast during the week which also was wonderful. If you get the opportunity to eat here, I don't think you will be unhappy with your choice. I am returning immediately upon my next return visit. Thank you Tecolote. Well done.

4  Thank Gordon L
Owly1, Owner at Tecolote Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Wow! Thank you so Much!

It was so nice to meet you both! KT and I are looking forward to your next visit!

Keep making incredible photos. You have a gift!

Matt And KT

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Leave the plaza and get to this local gem. Awesome breakfast!! Choose your bread for french toast or try the local specialties. You cannot go wrong. The muffin and biscuit basket is a great starter. I had the daily french toast special which was stuffed with an orange cream and topped with strawberries. SO GOOD I didn't even use syrup. Jalapeno bacon was yummy!!

4  Thank Cheezman