“Egge Benedict is excellent!”
Review of Tecolote Cafe

Tecolote Cafe
Ranked #39 of 567 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Tecolote Cafe was started in 1980 by Bill and Alice Jennison with a desire to feed guests great meals, affordably, with superior service. Mr. Bill and Alice's recipes have been pleasing palettes for 31 years. In May of 2010, sadly, we lost Mr. Bill after a long and accomplished life. Since August 2010, Katherine Adkins (Bill and Alice's daughter) and her husband Matt Adkins have been doing their best to honor Mr. Bill and Ms. Alice's vision in carrying on the family business. Sadly we also lost Ms.Alice in December of 2012. We offer a varied menu focusing primarily on New Mexican breakfast and lunch cuisine, as well as some American favorites.We bake all of our breads in house as well as our muffins and biscuits contained in our bakery basket. A little known secret to our great burgers? Fresh baked Kaiser rolls to vehicle our superb patties and ingredients. Whether you come for breakfast or lunch, we are sure you will be pleased with our delectable choices and our warm, friendly atmosphere. If you aren't, just let us know so we can make your experience everything you hoped for!Katie and I can't wait to see you on your next visit. So, come on in, and remember, we serve "Great breakfast, No toast!", just for you.
Great Falls, Montana
“Egge Benedict is excellent!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I accepted the option of sitting at community table and was treated like a local by regulars.

Food and service were great and I saw others getting dishes that I want to try.

Sounds like they're also willing to do custom dishes for you.

I'll be back!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank notoriouskelly

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“SoSo”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I had been there before a few times and the meals were great. This last time went for lunch and I had a burger, my partner ordered a salad. The salad was wilted and not up to par and my burger was ok. The wait person took forever to fill our water glasses. I was just a little disappointed since the last time I went it was more awesome.....

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Loretta T
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“What was Guy thinking?”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We went for lunch...I got the green chicken enchilada plate and my husband got the green chile stew. The stew came with salad and bakery basket or tortilla. According to my husband, the stew was unusual because it was made with beef instead of pork and the beef was kind of chewy. The flavor of the stew was excellent. The salad and bread were unremarkable. My green chile enchiladas were medium in terms of spiciness. The chicken filling was just unseasoned chicken, the tortillas used in the enchiladas did not appear to be fried (but steamed), and the green chile sauce was bland. I've lived in New Mexico for over 20 yrs and had much better green enchiladas. It came with a side of salad (which was better than most) and posole. The posole was not posole - it appeared to be plain hominy (with no seasonings I could taste)! That was the most disappointing part of the meal for me because I love good posole. So, all in all we were disappointed and will not return.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank NMFoodie-wino
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Super casual. Popular among locals. Huge portions.”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This cafe has been keeping locals happy for brunch over 20 years - their motto is "No Toast"! Portions are huge so,prepare to share. Muffins made on site and part of the popular bakery basket. The Sheepherders platter was tasty - try it with green chile. The raspberry tea was good but sweet and the pasole, which came solo (without red chile as I've had elsewhere - and a cup is only a buck - is worth a taste and delicious added to the Sheepherders plate. Great place to enjoy local New Mexican food - among the locals. Very casual diner-like atmosphere.

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank ViewsAndReviews
Mountain View, CA
“Great Santa Fe Breakfast”
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Had a great breakfast here at a great price. The Yucatecas was fantastic as was the blue cornmeal and pine nut pancake (you only need 1)

1 Thank MVMayorMike