“Awsome - Heaven on a plate”
Review of Tecolote Cafe

Tecolote Cafe
Ranked #28 of 584 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Tecolote Cafe was started in 1980 by Bill and Alice Jennison with a desire to feed guests great meals, affordably, with superior service. Mr. Bill and Alice's recipes have been pleasing palettes for 31 years. In May of 2010, sadly, we lost Mr. Bill after a long and accomplished life. Since August 2010, Katherine Adkins (Bill and Alice's daughter) and her husband Matt Adkins have been doing their best to honor Mr. Bill and Ms. Alice's vision in carrying on the family business. Sadly we also lost Ms.Alice in December of 2012. We offer a varied menu focusing primarily on New Mexican breakfast and lunch cuisine, as well as some American favorites.We bake all of our breads in house as well as our muffins and biscuits contained in our bakery basket. A little known secret to our great burgers? Fresh baked Kaiser rolls to vehicle our superb patties and ingredients. Whether you come for breakfast or lunch, we are sure you will be pleased with our delectable choices and our warm, friendly atmosphere. If you aren't, just let us know so we can make your experience everything you hoped for!Katie and I can't wait to see you on your next visit. So, come on in, and remember, we serve "Great breakfast, No toast!", just for you.
Reviewed December 25, 2012

If I knew when I was going to eat my last meal on earth, this is where I would want to eat it.
Tecolote is only open for breakfast and lunch, but that's enough. The breakfasts are to die for, no I don't have a favorite, as long as it has their green chile on it. Growing up in Texas, I've eaten a lot of tamales, Tecolote has the best I've ever found.
We've only been disapointed once, when we drove up from ABQ specifically to eat at Tecolote and found them closed. Oh yeat, I'd forgotten about closed Mondays.
Just writing this is making me hungry, but I'm 1100 miles away.
See you again next month Tecolote.

2  Thank wfgjr

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Blue corn pancakes, Smoked Jalapeno Bacon, Huevos Rancheros with red and green chile. Great muffins, scones and biscuits. Second visit...there will be more!

1  Thank RazorBee
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Basket of muffins/biscuits wonderful. One atole pinyon pancake filled me up. But difficult to decide as they have fantastic red chili and one can have carne adovada with eggs.

1  Thank Niqueyl
Reviewed November 30, 2012

they do the best red chili here! we waited about 10 minutes on a saturday, midmorning. we were worried because diners, drive ins and dives had recently done a piece on them and that usually means it's a must do for the folks who line up. we had been here some years agopretty big place so don't let the parking lot scare you. the service was very good. nice folks. the food was real good. the locals go here. i had the carnitas and eggs. great! we also had a basket of muffins and rolls with strawberry preserves. i wondered if the preserves were hamemade - it's that kind of place. they bake a variety of breads for thier french toast. it's not very far from downtown by car but it's pretty far from downtown santa fe prices and much closer to good new mexico cooking than downtown.

Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Tecolote Cafe lived up to the hype we read on Yelp. Once we exited the car, we were greeted with wonderful smells exuding from the kitchen. Predictably, we entered and there was a considerable crowd in the waiting area. We waited for 20-25 minutes, which gave us plenty of time to peruse the menu and have some free coffee generously provided by the restaurant.

Once seated, the service was prompt, courteous and efficient. Our table ordered the pumpkin pancakes, huevos yucatecos, chicken livers, huevos rancheros and carne adovada. Everyone loved their food; raved about it in fact. We were led to believe the fried potatoes were legendary, but our group found them to be average. Everything else was well above average. The price, atmosphere and portions make this place a great value and must stop for breakfast during any visit to Santa Fe.

2  Thank Harry B