“Authentic as it gets”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
New Jersey
“Authentic as it gets”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I wanted real Mexican dishes. I wanted good margaritas and a place with ambiance. La Choza gave me all three. We ate outside in the courtyard which was awesome. I had the steak and it was amazing. Very authentic.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank jrman66

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“If you like spicy, this is your place”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I went for the first time to La Choza for a friend birthday. I had very high expectations since I only heard good things about this restaurant. The restaurant is just outside the downtown area in the borders of the railyard district. Is very picturesque and very big. I ordered a pomegranate margarita and to be honest I didn't like it. Since I don't like spicy food, I ordered the blue corn tacos without any green or red chile. Apparently what gives flavor to new Mexican food is the chile. Now the question is, if I don't like why a 4 star review?, well my friends are from the south west and they love this place and the food. I'm from the Caribbean and we don't use just chili to condiment our dishes.

In conclusion, if you like spicy southwestern food this is the perfect place for you.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank AntonR764
Philadelphia
“The best and tastiest food in Santa Fe, even for vegetarians!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

First I was impressed with the monitored parking lot, a real person out there watching the cars. This food was the best I ate in Santa Fe even though I tried other restaurants which were highly recommended. This was the only place in Santa Fe that I could find that served vegetarian posole which was spicy and very tasty. The salsa that went with the chips was the most amazingI had ever tasted, and I have tasted many! it was amazingly tasty that leaves all other salsas in the dust. I was sent there by some of the local vendors at the Farmers Market who said that this was the place they always chose to go when eating out. I totally understand.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank mangoyum
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“The Best”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Live here, have been going to La Choza since Dinosaurs ruled Earth. Consistently excellent food and drink, plenty of food on my plate, great servers that deserve a medal for how busy they can get. Protected parking, people remember you, greeters and the manager are first rate. With the upgrades with color and the newer bar, outside dining, and the occasional train blowing slowly by, it's a treasure to me and to Santa Fe.. DavoR

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Davo1954
Greensboro, North Carolina
“If you like spicy, this is your place!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Our first venture into this trip's Santa Fe cuisine was at La Choza. We wanted a simple, uncomplicated meal of Southwestern Mexican food, and we got it.

I must admit to being a hot food junkie. I absolutely love hot food, and the hotter the better. I ordered chili con carne, and asked the waiter to tell the chef to "make it hot". Wow, did he ever! I was happy, and my capsaicin habit was satisfied.

Visited May 2013