“Nice-priced restaurant in Santa Fe”
Review of La Choza

La Choza
Ranked #19 of 572 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Pinehurst, North Carolina
“Nice-priced restaurant in Santa Fe”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Dined here on vacation in Santa Fe. We used a restaurant.com coupon. La Choza has good New Mexican cuisine and rather large portions. I would recommend it if you are looking for a good dinner without the hefty price tags of many of Santa Fe's other establishments.

• Visited March 2013

Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
“Best soppinias!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

To date, this is my second favorite mexican restaurant in Santa Fe, New Mexico. The soppinias are the lightest, flakiest I've ever had! I could eat them for breakfast, lunch, & dinner! Be aware that the enchilada sauce is HOT! I'll be back--but I'll order a milder sauce!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Uninspiring”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is usually my kind of place! Local food and local flavor is almost always a hit with me. I thought this place was uninspiring. The food was just okay.. the atmosphere was okay, the service was fine. You can do so much better in Santa Fe!

Visited November 2012
7 Thank Ramey
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Really, Really BAD”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We were so looking forward to our first visit here and we gladly have to say it is going to be our last. What we intended to be a quick lunch turned out to be a hour and forty minutes of our lives we wish we had to live again. The server had an attitude of indifference and delivered water and removed our plates with brutish finesse. The food was way too spicy. Don't get me wrong we like spice. Usually can't get enough. In fact I read what a previous reviewer wrote about this place being too spicy and laughed that the gringo couldn't handle it. Guess what, it was ridiculously spicy. However, we sucked it up and ate it all because we were hungry. After finishing what could be best be described as spicy slop on shallow plates, we looked at each other and said "I'm still hungry".
That said, we probably wouldn't have written this at all if it wasn't for the cold and unpleasant service we received. It really doesn't matter how good or bad your food is, you always remember when the service is bad. It impacts how you think of the food, atmosphere and your overall experience.
We have to admit there was one bright spot to our visit, the young man watching the parking lot was great. He was jovial and friendly. Perhaps they need to move him into the dining room.

• Visited July 2012
23 Thank Chris C
Rockford, IL
“Northern New Mexico Cuisine At The Best”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have eaten here 3-4 times over the past 18 months and the food is consistently great. Being from another state, I am always looking for the most authentic local food I can find, if possible. Very relaxed, comfortable setting. This venue is consistently busy with families, business people, a varied crowd. I highly recommend as locals tell me this is one of their favorites.

Visited February 2013