“Tourists from Southern California loved it!”
Review of La Choza

La Choza
Ranked #19 of 572 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
San Diego
“Tourists from Southern California loved it!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal here! The blue corn green chili enchiladas were awesome with a wonderful flavor and slight spicy kick to them. The beans had a great spicy taste too but not too hot. The rest of our group had various dishes which were all good, We are used to good mexican food however this place was a nice change that we liked. Not typical at all. Very nice and quaint place made it even better.

Johns Creek, Georgia
“We'll be back!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The ambiance is cute, typical, but it's the food that'll bring you back. I loved my fish tacos and my husband is a tamale fanatic and thought these were great. We also loved his relleno.

Fort Worth, Texas
“Locals love La Choza and we do too!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

What a find! One off colleagues, a Santa Fe local, directed us to La Choza (instead the Shed, owned by the same family but with heavy tourist traffic and patrons). Given our love for Mexican and Indian food, we didn't have high expectations - this amazing spot blew the doors off Mexican food as we know it! I had the soft blur taco plate and my hubby had pork enchiladas with oregano and red/green chile. We did everything but lick the plate clean!

The restaurant itself is brightly painted with swirling colors and patterns and is filled with charm and warmth, much like the seriously excellent staff. We chatted with the maitre'd while there and he was wonderfully helpful and informative - seriously fabulous spot. We linked over the rich decaf coffee and didn't want to leave - totally worth the stop!

Antioch, Illinois
“Great place to eat and hang out!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I was spending the night in Santa Fe by myself and was looking for a local place to eat on the outskirts of town. When I entered the door and asked for a table, I was told there would be an hour & half wait. I then asked about bar seating, and was told that I could try my luck. Well, it wasn't easy, but I hovered around the bar and finally grabbed a seat. The bartenders were very friendly and efficient and the fish tacos were recommended to me...great, light meal....would definitely go back next time I am in the area.

Mackinaw City, Michigan
“Our Santa Fe favorite!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We have been visiting Santa Fe since the early seventies and this restaurant continues to be our first stop and favorite place for true, Northern New Mexican cuisine. The blue corn enchiladas and burritos are a "must" served with Posole and sopapillas. For a special treat, order a poached egg on top! Über delish! The rellanos are amazing and silver coin margaritas to die for! In all the years we have been going there, we have NEVER been disappointed! Order "Christmas" style (red AND green chile)! Definitely check it out, but get there early! Vegetarian friendly green chile available and awesome too!