“Romantic, delicious, unique - July 26”
Review of Dinner For Two

Dinner For Two
Reserve with OpenTable
Dinner For Two is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 583 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: W San Francisco St.
Transit: Dinner for Two is four blocks from the train station; And on the walking path to the Plaza along Guadalupe and San Fransisco Streets.
Description: Dinner for Two is a family owned restaurant that has a comfortable, intimate atmosphere for parties large or small. Our local 'regulars' call us "a great value in fine dining". Multi-award winning: including Wine Spectator and "top 10 in southwest" We are happy to host dinners for organizations, or private celebrations from 2 to 60, everything is made in-house so special diets are easily accommodated: allergies, gluten free, etc. "Excellent Food and Service at a Reasonable Price"
Reviewed July 26, 2009

Great food - a lot of it - at a great price. My wife and I went based on Trip Advisor reviews and were hoping it would live up to the billing. We both ate off the Prix Fixe Sunday menu. Three courses for $19 with an upcharge of $4 for the chocolate souffle and ganache dessert. Timing was perfect and our waitress, Lauren, was helpful with every question and wine suggestion. Soup was Dungeness Crab bisque. Entree was a sample of roasted mahi, sesame crusted orange shrimp (they were jumbo), and crab cakes. Entree was garnished with a marinated calimari & seaweed salad that was delicious. The whole meal with a half bottle of red and a glass of Reisling was only $72. I will return next time I'm in Santa Fe. BTW - it's a block from the El Dorado.

6  Thank Shaver's Choice

Reviewed July 9, 2009

Interesting reading the review dated the same day as we had dinner on the evening of July 6th also. We had the $19 specials and the food was excellent as well as the service. My wife had the seared tuna and I had the veal. The service was timely and courteous and the courses were served quickly (almost too quick.) We thought the service and food was excellent.

6  Thank Sniffies
Reviewed July 6, 2009

Unfortunately, my husband and I did not find this to be a "gem" at all. When we were seated there was a dead fly on my charger and the menu was dirty (never a good sign in my book.) We then waited for 10 minutes before anyone came over with water. The waitresses fingernails were black underneath with something. It was undeservedly pretentious. We left, went to La Fonda where the meal, service and setting were all perfect.

Reviewed June 28, 2009

We picked this restaurant after reading all the reviews and thye were right on! We went for the Sunday dinner special for $19 a person-so great! The food is stellar, the atmosphere is romantic and they had a wonderful guitar player. You must eat here!

4  Thank Craolyn33
Reviewed June 14, 2009

I LOVE this place! My husband and I go there whenever we can. They have the best, absolutely the best, bread in all of Santa Fe! Their food is fantastic and always consistant.. I managed a museum in Santa Fe and readily recommended Dinner for Two!

I love the atmosphere, (no geckos on the wall here, which you can get really tired of), but I really appreciate the beautiful, European atmosphere, (without the "pretentious" attitude). just a lovely gem which we locals are so happy to enjoy!

I have travelled the world, and this place rates as one of the best!

Any tourist out there, when you have had your fill of "New Mexican" cuisine, you must go to Dinner for Two. Such a delight! I managed a museum for a few years, I told anyone I actually liked; "Go to Dinner for Two. (And they even have free parking! incredible in Santa Fe!)
Those I didn't like so much... "Spend more , If that makes you happy...what do I care?"
The locals know it's the best deal in town, and I almost don't want to share it with you.... but I shall,.. Don't pass it around too much... ( And do NOT point out any celebrites! That is exactly why Santa Fe is so cool. Leave them aone for God's sakes!)

6  Thank ladymacwilly