“Good food”
Review of Dinner For Two

Dinner For Two
Reserve with OpenTable
Dinner For Two is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 590 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: W San Francisco St.
Transit: Dinner for Two is four blocks from the train station; And on the walking path to the Plaza along Guadalupe and San Fransisco Streets.
Description: Dinner for Two is a family owned restaurant that has a comfortable, intimate atmosphere for parties large or small. Our local 'regulars' call us "a great value in fine dining". Multi-award winning: including Wine Spectator and "top 10 in southwest" We are happy to host dinners for organizations, or private celebrations from 2 to 60, everything is made in-house so special diets are easily accommodated: allergies, gluten free, etc. "Excellent Food and Service at a Reasonable Price"
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We chose this Restaurant based on some of the reviews on this site. The Restaurant has a very nice and calm atmosphere. The food was good and the wine delicious. Surprisingly, I could not find a wine from New Mexico. Unfortunately, the service was very underwhelming. Within minutes of arriving we were asked if we were ready to order and then again within another minute. Our menus were still open and I believe that it is a sign you are not yet ready. Moreover, we felt like we were being rushed. Our waitress was so hastily pouring our wine that she spilled a fair amount, she did not even say sorry however. When our food was prepared table side there was not even an attempt to make some polite conversation. It seems like another server in the restaurant was much more pleasant. I gather we were just unlucky with our server.

3  Thank vancouver22

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Having read the positive reviews my wife and I expected more than we received. My filet mignon was very ordinary and served on nothing other than a pile of mashed potato. My wife fared little better with three or four slices of veal in a lemon sauce once again on a pile of mashed potato. When we declined desserts the waiter snatched away our menus and we had to call after him for coffees.

2  Thank junod
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I went here based in all the favorable reviews in TA. Maybe I picked a bad night. The restaurant is attractive and has a nice atmosphere. It has received a number of Wine Spectator awards, but I was not that impressed with the wine list. The food was beautifully presented, but it was just ordinary. Service was great. We ordered a Maryvale wine which was half price. I was not familiar with it, but it was such a deal I ordered it. I did not think much of the wine and the waiter really worked hard to try and make up for it. I cannot recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank Bill N
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Excellent ambiance - excellence service and most excellent dinner....we drove to Santa Fe from Corrales as we heard many comments on D42 which happens to be close to the Square ~ we found it to be very friendly and decorated with warm hi-dining querky style. The value was unlike any place in Santa Fe. the entire wait staff seated and served with a high standard of excellence. Warm and friedly like a family business and yet was driven beyond the usual comfort food to a place of NYC foodie competition. Don't let the outside fool you - it's upscale inside - lamb chops with REAL masked potatoes, the amazing variety of small plates choose 6 from 13 plates (6 for $49) are a meal in themselves - tableside prepared Ceasar Salad for two amply served 4 adults, again, EXCELLENT!!! We had early reservations; by the time we left there was not an empty table....obvisously many have found this romantic gem in SF. Way to GO!!!!!!!!!

3  Thank lakerr66
Reviewed October 23, 2012

October 5th we walked a short distance from the Eldorado Hotel and found this gem of a restaurant for dinner. Even though we had not made a reservation they were extremely accomodating and the food was outstanding. I had the lamb with dijon crust and it was not only very very delicious it was cooked to perfection. The hostess and wait staff made us feel so important. The chef deserves the highest marks ! Can't wait to go back.

2  Thank Kim G