“Long Wait for What?”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This place was packed and doesn't accommodate large groups well. We ordered and it took quite a long time for entrees to arrive. I'm not sure what all the hype is about...as the food was pretty pedestrian.

3  Thank Michael M

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Taken here by old-time Santa Feans, we found the food amazing, not only a welcome relief from the Southwestern cuisine (which I love). This is a tiny place, only open for dinner, I think, and serves way more than noodles. The waiter we had was funny, ironic, knowledgable about all aspects of the food. I would go here at the drop of a hat. Run, don't walk...

4  Thank Saphrona
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We were already pleased to be ushered to our table at the exact time of the reservation, although the crowd of people waiting was dense, but then the food . . . oh the food! We're asian food junkies from Hawaii and Southern Calfornia, but Mu Du is the best! The ingredients are fresh, the dishes imaginative, the space is stylish and hip, and the service is friendly and efficient I regret only learning of it on our latest trip to Santa Fe, and it will be on our "must-do" list on future trips.

3  Thank DHBall
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

This establishment has been in SF for a long time. But, as I have been living elsewhere for an equally long time, my recent visit here with friends was the first in, say...15 years. My wife and I have tried previously and recently to eat at MuDu, but they are only open 5 nights a week and we seem to always pick a night when they were closed

OK, enough of an intro...went with friends last Friday night. Went late-ish and there was still a wait. Were seated after maybe15 minutes. The waiter didn't show right away but in the end he was terrific. The food is the show here; I don't know what to compare it to as it is not your standard issue. We ate "tapas" style, sharing each dish that we ordered. Everything was beautifully presented, distinctive and delicious. I left thinking that this is one of Santa Fe's finer food experiences without the pretense and deep hit on the pocketbook felt at other chef driven venues. It is not cheap but, for the quality delivered, it is not pricey...sorta in the middle--but much higher as a culinary experience. We really can't wait to go back.

4  Thank heyU7
Reviewed December 1, 2012

When I was approached by the waiter, I advised him I was very allergic to peanuts, I stated it more than once and asked him to make sure the kitchen was advised. When the food came out, it wasn't delivered by the waiter but an older woman, since she wouldn't be aware of my 'life and death' dietary request, I asked her if the food had nuts in it. She asked if I had informed the waiter, I said yes, she declared emphatically that there would not be any nuts. Well, there was, and I had taken one bite. When I called her over, she told me that I shouldn't eat at Mu Do! I have never been back! It was about the most 'callous' treatment I have received in a restaurant. AND, I did ask 3 times, just to be sure. I sure loved sitting in the Hospital Emergency parking lot waiting to see how intense the reaction would be. Follow the advise of the subject line and eat at another restaurant that accommodates dietary restrictions - like Yummy Cafe!

2  Thank elicarte