“Wine and Small Plates in Santa Fe”

TerraCotta Wine Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
TerraCotta Wine Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 574 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: TerraCotta Wine Bistro is a smart casual food and wine restaurant located in the historic district of downtown Santa Fe, New Mexico, in a charming 19th century adobe building near the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum. Our unique Santa Fe restaurant features globally -inspired food, wine and beer, utilizing local and regional foods. At TerraCotta Wine Bistro we pride ourselves on using high quality ingredients, in creative combinations that change seasonally. The ambiance is inviting, informal, up-beat, and just plain fun, great for intimate or large gatherings. Best of all, we are moderately priced. TerraCotta's Happy Hour continues all day long, with a large selection of wines by the glass for $6 until 6:00 PM. TerraCotta has the largest selection of wines by the glass in Santa Fe. Our varied menu features sharing plates, salads, paninis, Chef's entrees, and of course yummy desserts. In addition, we offer a $ 30 3 course Prix Fixe menu that changes with Chef's Catherine inspiration.
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The restaurant is in an old house near the Georgia OKeefe museum.

We had both dinner inside and came back for lunch on the front porch.

We chose the small plates, which were imaginative and well-presented.

The wine choices by the glass are extensive and reasonably-priced.

Alas, no wine on the porch - I hope the city eventually allows it.

The service was friendly. I was undercharged, and when I pointed it out the manager thanked me for my honesty and said it was on the house!

Not fancy, but a pleasant atmosphere and good food.

7  Thank Njal
There are newer reviews for TerraCotta Wine Bistro

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We'd read about this Bistro on Open Table and decided to give it a try. Cute, funky, colorful decor. Not a lot of seating so they've taken advantage of wall space and placed a continuous padded bench on 2-3 walls. We arrived around 4pm, an unusual time for us. Maggie, our server, was a sweetheart. They were very gracious about sampling wines and glasses are $6 until 6pm (sort of a backward happy hour); nice selection of wine by the bottle and glass. We decided on the Bruschetta starter of which there were 7-8 creative offerings (you choose 4/$15). Cleaver plating -arrived on a cutting board which took up a great deal of the small table. There were 2 servings of each of the four we selected. Granted it was a starter but for $15 the portions were very small; bread extremely thin and frankly, burned. We ate around the black because we were hungry but should have sent it back. We decided to order a couple more items. I had a small house salad with a nice lemony vinaigrette and shared the larger order of the (2) crab crakes with my husband. They were generously sized, full of crab and nicely seasoned; came served w/ a creative carrot and apple slaw but I found the dressing to be too mustardy. Also came w/ house made tartar sauce which was also high in mustard as an ingredient - tasted more like something that should go on potato salad.. The tarter sauce was on a couple small lettuce leaves but would have been more attractive in a small ramekin. His dish was rounded out with sweet potato fries which were okay but definitely not homemade and tasted greasy after a 2-3 bites. I might return for wine but not the food. As we left, there were two employees standing right by us, neither of which acknowledged us or our patronage. You can do better in SF...

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Terra Cotta is a new addition to the competitive Santa Fe restaurant scene. Food was excellent, but my companion is unable to eat any kind of peppers, including bell peppers, and there were plenty of them on his flank steak salad (not mentioned on menu). Fortunately, the waiter responded quickly to the problem and took the salad back, but I had to ask that they take my plate and keep it warm so that I would not be finished with my meal before the new salad arrived. Great wine list, and fabulous desserts. Room is very noisy due to sound traveling in from the bar area in the evening. Perhaps this isn't so bad at lunch. Extremely convenient for visitors to the O'Keeffe Museum.

5  Thank Rose H
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The lunch menu is extensive, offering many small plates. Special by-the-glass wine offerings were reasonably priced and presented some interesting choices . Service needs some work. The wait staff was friendly but not always efficient. In the end the food was so good and the atmosphere so pleasant that we would definitely overlook some service flaws and return.

4  Thank rcfet
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We had lunch at Terra Cotta mid-week around 1:00 pm and, while not busy, it sure seemed the staff was attending to something else but service. The menu is inspired, and prices very reasonable for Santa Fe. Wines are reasonable too. We asked for our salads to be served before our entree, but no such luck- all came out at the same time. We were not informed of the daily specials by our server, and overall the staff seemed to trying hard, but it appears that there is a lack of training. The room is very pleasant with limited outdoor seating.

5  Thank Jim W