“Great dinner and very good service”

Rio Chama Steakhouse
Ranked #97 of 576 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

The four of us had a great dinner. Three had the prime rib which was just right and perfectly prepared. The steak was excellent. You must try the green chili and Mac cheese.

4  Thank Gmanusm

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Even Mr. Gump would not like it here. So we wanted a nice atmosphere with good service.................Oooooops was I wrong. It took forever for a server to get to us and the place was not crowded. They advertise a "Jumbo" shrimp cocktail and they were not close to being jumbo. Again the service throughout the meal was so slow and poor that the prices they charge are not worth it.
We had eaten here once before and had a good experience.

In all over priced-slow service and not great food. In a town that has many options for eating this lace seems to thrive on how good it WAS versus trying to impress.

17  Thank will19
Reviewed February 1, 2014

This place is an easy drunkards walk to and from several state office buildings. So...if you don't go for the great food, have a real martini and enjoy watching the politicians as they mingle, cavort with the eye candy in abundance and plan our futures!

Seriously, the service was professional with a menu you'd like to work your way through.

There's some parking behind the building, but the lot fills up very quickly.

3  Thank JayJayLoudonTN
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Well let me start off by saying that I have worked in the restaurant industry the past 6 years of my life and I would never write a review let alone a bad review unless the service was absolutely terrible... and the service was terrible I think our waiter saw us and automatically thought we were cheap even though I live off of tips as well and always no matter what tip 20% or more. We felt extremely ignored by our server he didn't even introduce himself...his name is Andres I didn't find this out until I looked at the ticket.I had 3 sapphire tonics...well let's just call them 2 because the third didn't taste like sapphire when I made a comment the server made a smartass snooty gesture to the bartender and then said that they could remake the drink I could tell he was annoyed I've made that face plenty of times because the customer is usually wrong... also we had to flag down another server to order a 2nd round of drinks!?!! Because ours apparently didn't think we were worth the time...so unless you roll into this establishment looking as though you are made of money don't bother because they won't treat you right.

11  Thank thisisstupidi
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We've lived in Santa Fe for 19 years. After not dining there for awhile, we decided to try the Bar at Rio Chama last night for a post-ski burger. Big mistake. $11 for a burger that was tasty but small (1/4 lb I'd guess). Then $1 extra for the cheese (couldn't taste it), another $1 for the green chile (really good but more chile than burger). Fries, coleslaw and onion rings are also extra! We paid $3 for 4 (only 4!) onion rings. So, no more burgers at Rio Chama for us. We'll go down the street a bit for the real thing - a burger at Santa Fe Bites (formerly the famous Bobcat Bite).

19  Thank mary c