“Popular New Mexican Cafe”
Review of Guadalupe Cafe

Guadalupe Cafe
Ranked #186 of 576 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican, Soups
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This was recommendation of our hosts for a popular local cafe serving local-style food and we were only assured of seating by arriving at opening time. It filled up very quickly.

The food was up to our expectations and served in large portions. Service was fine.

3  Thank HerschelChester

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have been eating at the Guadalupe Cafe for the last 10 years. The food is outstanding. I usually go for breakfast or lunch at Guadalupe cafe. Ask for Angelique for great service!

Art Morales
Houston, Texas

3  Thank Art M
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We liked Cafe Gaudalupe for its excellent chili sauces and genuine Southwestern fare. The atmosphere is casual, the service adequate, and it was a good place to meet up with people to talk.

3  Thank TravelLadyBoston
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I've been eating at the Guadalupe for 20 years. For those who say the green chile is too hot, there is no way to know how it's going to be until you start to cook it. If you don't like hot, don't order it. This is my go-to place for breakfast - in fact, my only breakfast I eat in Santa Fe.

Food is consistently terrific; a local Santa Fe joint with lots of locals; many who've been eating at the GC longer than I have.

Perhaps because I'm a local and long time diner, I've not had the service issues I read of - perhaps it's at dinner or....

This is Santa Fe and what more can ya say? Love the food and it's home.

3  Thank diverinnm
Reviewed December 27, 2012

The sandwiches and salads are excellent. The chile is terrible. The red tasted burnt and the green was too hot and they put way too much chile on their food.

10  Thank Janine A