“Outstanding! Huge, excellent portions”
Review of Guadalupe Cafe

Guadalupe Cafe
Ranked #181 of 574 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican, Soups
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed December 12, 2012

This place was recommended to us by our walking tour guide and it was excellent. The portions are huge and they are just wonderful. The salads can definitely be split between two people with some to spare. The wraps and other dishes were outstanding. The stuffed sopaipilla was the best. Right near the Capitol so it is busy with lunch people. Be careful, because it is closed on Mondays.

3  Thank giftedelaine
There are newer reviews for Guadalupe Cafe

Reviewed November 30, 2012

It's become my annual rite to be in Santa Fe on the weekend following Thanksgiving. Surprisingly, the city is not crowded then - perhaps the Indian Winter Market open that weekend has yet to be discovered.

I begin every day with breakfast at the Guadalupe Cafe. I cannot over-hype their french toast made with freshly baked blue-corn, pinon-nut bread. Delicious!

The cafe is a busy favorite of locals. The atmosphere and decor is genuine Southwest - just right to begin a day of visiting local shops and the many Indian artists selling their pottery, jewelry, sand-paintings and weavings on the sidewalk facing the Plaza. And then spending hours at the Annual Winter Market held at the Convention Center where 175 invited Indian artists present - and sell - their creations.

3  Thank Biligaana
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a large group and they gave us our own room. Service was good. The food was tasty New Mexican and very fresh! Nice place to eat if you have a few days in Santa Fe.

3  Thank fheagle
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I've been here serveral times trying to find something I like..I just find it average..I won't be going back but I do have friends who love it.

8  Thank AlwaysWunderlust
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Their "mild" is extremely mild -- probably a result of a lot of tourists being unable to tolerate heat in traditional Mexican dishes. If you like spicy, tell your server. We noticed a fair amount of locals eating here and it was popular. Nothing fancy, but the food is good and reasonable. If I visit Santa Fe again, I would stick to frequenting these kinds of restaurants and have a great bottle of wine in our room. The expensive places are wildly so but the food doesn't deserve it. You'll enjoy your meal here.

3  Thank JodiDiamond