“Pleasantly surprised”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My first experience with Indian food was excellent. Much better than I expected. The service was superb. We had dinner and not the luncheon buffet. Actually recommended buy the desk at the Lamplighter Inn next door which made travel quite easy.

5  Thank Xyrege

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Jambo was closed on Sunday. Driving back to the hotel I spottrd India House and decided to give it a go. Almost everything came out sizzling. The chicken had a bit of kabob flavor with lemon. Good choice. The dahl was super. Nice basmati rice. Wish I could try the lamb but its back to Oregon. They have a nice wine list but I drink beer with spicy Asian foods. The waiter suggested an excellent flying horse.

5  Thank KWAJT
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We have eaten here so many times before and every time we come back to Santa Fe we have to work it into our schedule! Again, there was nothing disappointing about this dining experience. I'm not sure what the previous reviewer meant about the appearance of the restaurant: in our opinion the only thing lacking is parking for our big truck! The inside has always been clean and the service excellent. The quality of the food is consistently good, either on the buffet or menu selection. We highly recommend the Kashmiri nan- it's some of the best we've ever had. We shared LAMB KARAHI, BIRIYANI, ALOO SAG and had leftovers. We will definitely come back.

5  Thank Sunni2Weimar_Texas
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The redwine was too warm! The food was not warm!...and the taste was not what we expect from a good Indian kitchen!....and the coffee was almost cold!...We dont want to visit the place again!

2  Thank Grete L
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is truly a gem in Santa Fe- do not be deterred by the appearance of the outside of the restaurant! I dined there twice during my visit and loved it both times. The first time I was there for dinner- it is a bit pricey- but delicious with plenty of great menu options. The second time was for the lunch buffet and by contrast this is an excellent value. They offer a significant portion of their menu on the lunch buffet so you can try many of their dishes. Also plenty of vegetarian options. I will definitely return the next time I am in town.

4  Thank blueskytravels

Been to India House? Share your experiences!