Coyote Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Coyote Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 577 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Ortiz Street
Description: Coyote Cafe continues to be Santa Fe's most famous and celebrated restaurant, acclaimed by critics and return visitors alike. We are celebrating our 29th year! Featuring a contemporary menu with global influence and a nod to the Southwest our must-have dishes include Mesquite-Grilled Maine Lobster Tails with Pappardelle and the signature Tellicharry Elk Tenderloin. Signature cocktails include the Senorita & Norteno Margaritas and the Gentleman's Vice - a smoke Knob Greek Manhattan. Our wine list features a global selection and rarities such as Sine Qua Non. During Summer Our Rooftop Cantina serves New Mexican specialties and cocktails in a casual outdoor setting. It is open for lunch & dinner daily. We also offer group dining options. Please contact us for more information.
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Recently ate here with a large group. The atmosphere is great and the food is excellent. It's definitely over done though, lots of flavors and textures and things put together which is some cases worked and in others didn't. If you're looking for simple food, this isn't it. It's very complicated, crafted food. I had the lobster and being a New Englander didn't love the flavor, but my colleagues had a great Elk so I think I just ordered wrong. Great aps and drinks. The margarita specials where a lot of fun!

3  Thank Explorer_from_Boston
Write a ReviewReviews (1,273)

Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful dining experience at the Coyote Café. We chose the vegetarian fixed price menu with wine pairings and it was fantastic. Our server/wine expert Danny was great. It was the perfect start to our Santa Fe weekend trip.

5  Thank OrlandoTraveler017
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Upstairs on Water Street, you have a choice of sitting out on the rooftop patio or inside in the dining room. I chose outside for a weekday lunch while browsing the galleries and museums around the plaza. This popular place is crowded all the time; even when I arrived at 1:45 pm there was only one table for a solo person. The service was good if a bit scattered - my waiter either hovered or disappeared. The food was tops - an ample serving of SW food (I forget exactly what I had) which I polished off at a relaxed pace. The chef is cited in the May issue of New Mexico magazine, and he deserves it.

5  Thank Elizabeth M
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We had sliders and Margaritas on their roof top patio, which is nice. It is located on their roof with a full bar and limited menu. The restaurant looked very nice and elegant; however, we just wanted to get drinks and a bite to eat while shopping. We were looking for a restaurant where we could eat outside; however the temperature was too cool for most restaurants; their outside patios were not serving. Eating inside did not appeal to us, since Santa Fe has beautiful clear skies.
However, the Coyote Cafe's patio is partially covered which made it very comfortable. The insides of many Santa Fe restaurants seem very dark with few if any windows; but The Coyote Café roof top Bar & Grill was perfect.
We were very disappointed that our $8.50 Margaritas were served in water glasses; however, the service was attentive and the BBQ beef sliders were perfect.
The view from the restaurant is not what I would consider scenic since it consists primarily of roof tops and the street below; however, it is much better than sitting inside.

2  Thank Ello0491
Reviewed May 9, 2013

we had a awesome seat at sunset sipping margaritas and eating home made chips and salsa. it did not get much better than this. the place was jammin. the food was great. and the sunset was perfect.

3  Thank Joel K