“Nothing like a warm beer in a cold room”
Review of Coyote Cafe

Coyote Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Coyote Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 559 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Ortiz Street
Description: Coyote Cafe continues to be Santa Fe's most famous and celebrated restaurant, acclaimed by critics and return visitors alike. We are celebrating our 29th year! Featuring a contemporary menu with global influence and a nod to the Southwest our must-have dishes include Mesquite-Grilled Maine Lobster Tails with Pappardelle and the signature Tellicharry Elk Tenderloin. Signature cocktails include the Senorita & Norteno Margaritas and the Gentleman's Vice - a smoke Knob Greek Manhattan. Our wine list features a global selection and rarities such as Sine Qua Non. During Summer Our Rooftop Cantina serves New Mexican specialties and cocktails in a casual outdoor setting. It is open for lunch & dinner daily. We also offer group dining options. Please contact us for more information.
Denver, Colorado
“Nothing like a warm beer in a cold room”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Decided to try it on the first day of Restaurant week. Didn't make reservations but place was empty because of the snowy weather, I'm assuming. Sat us near the front of the place even though we asked to be near the fire. No dice because we didn't make a reservation. My wife had to wear her coat because of the draft. On that note I ordered the only beer on draft, Santa Fe Porter. It was warm. I summoned the server and told her I like my beer cold and she said "oh I thought that felt warm when I picked it up". Why then would you try to serve that to me? I ordered beer in a bottle instead and there was not much of a difference.

At this point I was regretting our choice. Ordered the rock hen with blue corn gnocchi which was good but the portion was tiny. My wife ordered the prime beef short ribs. Kind of dry and lacking any distinct flavor. The desert was disappointing.

Being our one weekend trip we make annually to Santa Fe we would like to have a redo on our dining choice.

4 Thank Sol2509

Houston, Texas
“Always wonderful”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We love this restaurant - always on our list when we visit Santa Fe. The Maitre d' was wonderful (great sense of humor - warm & personable). Zack was our waiter - we could not have asked for anyone better! The food was perfect - as always - and the drinks (the Hatch Margarita) were very tasty.

Visited February 2013
4 Thank Gerry F
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Only didn't get five due to more cramped space in winter”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

As you will see from my "area" breakdowns below, we loved this place and it got several “Excellents.” However, as we were in Santa Fe in February, their outdoor seating is not available, and that makes for a bit cramped experience, especially at the bar (Don't go for just that as not set up to really make for an enjoyable bar experience in the restaurant.). However, we would still go back in a heartbeat as the service, food, and presentation are amazing! The bar also has plenty of offerings, just best enjoyed at a table. We enjoyed all of our food. Not only is everything tasty (salads, shrimp, lobster tails, elk, and filet), but the presentation is artwork. The service is spot on... as they wait on you in multiples so always easy to get help and a glass/basket never gets empty. My only other criticism would be the cappuccinos. Two of us had them after dinner and they weren't made right from a serving perspective (served in a macchiato cup) and did not taste very good either. Not the best end to an otherwise great dining experience. As I said though, we will be back on our next visit for sure!

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank corbyandjen
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Best dinner in Santa Fe”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is easily my favorite restaurant in Santa Fe. I live here, and whenever I want an upscale dinner this is usually my first choice. I always take out-of-town visitors here, and they too rave about the restaurant...even my numerous friends from New Orleans where I used to live (and we are all foodies). The food quality and presentation, along with the entire staff are tops in Santa Fe. I try to go here at least every other week.

4 Thank scovey
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Best restaurant in Santa Fe”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I are locals, and Coyote Cafe is hands down our favorite restaurant in Santa Fe. The food is amazing, service is fantastic and the atmosphere is great too. We love sitting at the Chef's counter. It's so fun to watch plates being prepared. Presentation is always fabulous, and the chef will send little sample dishes to you while you wait for your meal. The filet is my favorite. Well worth the price!

• Visited February 2013