“Always wonderful”

Coyote Cafe and Cantina
Reserve with OpenTable
Coyote Cafe and Cantina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 590 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Ortiz Street
Description: Coyote Cafe continues to be Santa Fe's most famous and celebrated restaurant, acclaimed by critics and return visitors alike. We are celebrating our 31th year of business in the Land of Enchantment! The Cafe features a contemporary menu with global influence and a nod to the Southwest and the Cantina serves up New Mexican favorites.
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We love this restaurant - always on our list when we visit Santa Fe. The Maitre d' was wonderful (great sense of humor - warm & personable). Zack was our waiter - we could not have asked for anyone better! The food was perfect - as always - and the drinks (the Hatch Margarita) were very tasty.

4  Thank Gerry F
Write a ReviewReviews (1,347)

Reviewed February 19, 2013

As you will see from my "area" breakdowns below, we loved this place and it got several “Excellents.” However, as we were in Santa Fe in February, their outdoor seating is not available, and that makes for a bit cramped experience, especially at the bar (Don't go for just that as not set up to really make for an enjoyable bar experience in the restaurant.). However, we would still go back in a heartbeat as the service, food, and presentation are amazing! The bar also has plenty of offerings, just best enjoyed at a table. We enjoyed all of our food. Not only is everything tasty (salads, shrimp, lobster tails, elk, and filet), but the presentation is artwork. The service is spot on... as they wait on you in multiples so always easy to get help and a glass/basket never gets empty. My only other criticism would be the cappuccinos. Two of us had them after dinner and they weren't made right from a serving perspective (served in a macchiato cup) and did not taste very good either. Not the best end to an otherwise great dining experience. As I said though, we will be back on our next visit for sure!

4  Thank corbyandjen
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is easily my favorite restaurant in Santa Fe. I live here, and whenever I want an upscale dinner this is usually my first choice. I always take out-of-town visitors here, and they too rave about the restaurant...even my numerous friends from New Orleans where I used to live (and we are all foodies). The food quality and presentation, along with the entire staff are tops in Santa Fe. I try to go here at least every other week.

4  Thank scovey
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I are locals, and Coyote Cafe is hands down our favorite restaurant in Santa Fe. The food is amazing, service is fantastic and the atmosphere is great too. We love sitting at the Chef's counter. It's so fun to watch plates being prepared. Presentation is always fabulous, and the chef will send little sample dishes to you while you wait for your meal. The filet is my favorite. Well worth the price!

4  Thank kellygirl145
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Friendly, knowledgable staff serves very good to outstanding food. Fun to sit at the bar and watch the chefs work. You'll have trouble deciding as you see delicious plates created. Lobster and spare ribs are great choices. And bartender Jimmy will not fail you! Worth the price.

3  Thank annepatota