“We Almost Licked Our Plates”
Review of TIA Sophia's

TIA Sophia's
Ranked #13 of 575 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed January 8, 2013

If you are really picky about your red and/or green sauce, you will find no better than at this unassuming cafe. We are native northern New Mexicans, and know our Mexican cuisine. We have been disappointed numerous times by restaurants that claim to serve authentic dishes. We were fulfilled by the awesome tast of the food at Tia Sophias. The service was efficient and friendly and the combination plate were delicious.
I would like to comment that if a person cannot spell posole, he/she should not order it.
Try this place for breakfast or lunch and you will not regret your decision, especially if you really know your Mexican food.

3  Thank Robin B

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I really enjoyed this place. The food is really good and the service was great. Didn't have to wait at all and its on the plaza so great place to take a break from shopping and eat. Will def. be eating here again

4  Thank as1979_13
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Went there with my family, a party of 9, on New Year's Eve for breakfast and lucked out with a table in about 15 minutes. The place is a block from the Plaza and is cozy, welcoming, and reasonable. Three of us including myself ordered the huevos rancheros. I ordered my eggs over easy on a yellow corn tortilla with green chile and potatoes and beans on the side. The over easiness was just the way I like my eggs and the chile was spicy which I also like. One kid ordered a burrito which he devoured with gusto. Another kid had pancakes and I heard no complaint from him.

I can't recall what everyone else had but everyone was smiling when we finished eating. The friendly waitress was attentive and kept the coffee coming. Overall, it was a great start with a good hot meal on a very cold morning before beginning our long walk around the Plaza and up Canyon Road. I definitely recommend it and will return whenever we visit Santa Fe.

2  Thank Goodmunch
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Tried Tia Sophia's based on so many TripAdvisor high reviews but regretted it. I had the pozole and was not impressed. It was bland and came with no garnishes which all typical pozoles do. We also ordered the special but should have followed the kid's example and ordered the burger which was tasty as were the sopapillas.

Will continue the search for tasty New Mexican.

3  Thank tuffnail
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Excellent authentic food. Inexpensive and perfect for a casual lunch. Very friendly service. Casual and local atmosphere. No frills but the food and service were top notch.

3  Thank BN712