“A Santa Fe must”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
“A Santa Fe must”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Went there with my family, a party of 9, on New Year's Eve for breakfast and lucked out with a table in about 15 minutes. The place is a block from the Plaza and is cozy, welcoming, and reasonable. Three of us including myself ordered the huevos rancheros. I ordered my eggs over easy on a yellow corn tortilla with green chile and potatoes and beans on the side. The over easiness was just the way I like my eggs and the chile was spicy which I also like. One kid ordered a burrito which he devoured with gusto. Another kid had pancakes and I heard no complaint from him.

I can't recall what everyone else had but everyone was smiling when we finished eating. The friendly waitress was attentive and kept the coffee coming. Overall, it was a great start with a good hot meal on a very cold morning before beginning our long walk around the Plaza and up Canyon Road. I definitely recommend it and will return whenever we visit Santa Fe.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Goodmunch

San Antonio
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Tried Tia Sophia's based on so many TripAdvisor high reviews but regretted it. I had the pozole and was not impressed. It was bland and came with no garnishes which all typical pozoles do. We also ordered the special but should have followed the kid's example and ordered the burger which was tasty as were the sopapillas.

Will continue the search for tasty New Mexican.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank tuffnail
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Excellent, authentic, casual”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Excellent authentic food. Inexpensive and perfect for a casual lunch. Very friendly service. Casual and local atmosphere. No frills but the food and service were top notch.

3 Thank BN712
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Truly authentic”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Tia's never disappoints and is always consistent. This is the best place in town for authentic New Mexican food (ie chili).

• Visited November 2012
4 Thank TigerinSF
Belmont, North Carolina
“Delicious Lunch”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and I had lunch at Tia Sophia's today on the recommendation of the shuttle driver who drove us to Santa Fe from the Albuquerque Airport. He mentioned how much he loved the green chile and he was right! My husband had a cheese enchilada and chili rellano covered in green chile and he loved it. Said the green chile was very flavorful and not too hot. I had a chicken tostada with pinto beans and it was very, very good. The chicken was tender and flavorful and delicious. The portions were large -- I have a big appetite and I was unable to finish my lunch. We highly recommend Tia Sophia's! We definitely will eat here again and maybe try breakfast our next visit.

• Visited December 2012