“*Birthday Dinner*”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My sister made our reservations for her birthday dinner and I later phoned and asked the restaurant to sing a surprise "Happy Birthday" to her.
From the moment we were seated we felt most comfortable with our waiter, Ryan, who offered menu suggestions and answered our queries.
Sister selected baby back ribs and they were moist, tender with tangy sauce. My steak and lobster tail were cooked perfectly; for $1.00 I added grilled tender asparagus and the plate was complete. Caesar salads were crisp/fresh with irresistible crunchy croutons.
The waiter was NOT informed of my sis' birthday but I whispered in his ear my disappointment and in a flash, about 6 waiters appeared for the requested birthday song. Lovely dining experience~!

8  Thank Globetrotterlady22

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We visited this restaurant when not too many choices were available in the immediate area near our hotel (late night arrival in Santa Fe).
The food was well prepared with one exception, which our server made a real effort to rectify.
The problem resulted in a discount to our bill, which was sincerely appreciated.
Overall we enjoyed our meal here (French onion soup great, steaks and salad good).
We want to thank our server (we think his name was Tim) for taking such good care of us on a late Sunday night in Santa Fe.

6  Thank edukate50
Reviewed October 21, 2013

No accomadations for a party of 14. Horrible food portions and presentation for the price. None of the steaks for surf n turf were the same size or even close. Some were slim and some were thick. One person ordered steak and shrimp there were 4 little shrimps on the plate the size of quarters. Another person ordered surf and turf. The steak was burnt and was the size of the smallest post it note and the lobster tail was the size of a quarter. If I was the chef of this restaurant I would have been embarassed to send out plates with burnt steaks and a lobster tail the size of a quarter.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Outback fills a need in Santa Fe -- by offering good (not great) food, consistent service and a friendly attitude. Outback is a popular place -- always busy, so we tend to eat in the bar. Service is quick, the hamburgers are cooked to your liking, and the beer is cold. Add a blue cheese, pecan chopped salad (for only a $1.00 more) and the meal is up a notch. This is not gourmet food, but the consistency and smiling service makes this a good place to visit.

1  Thank Lauriegirl
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Small portions & watered down drinks didn't make up for the excellent service at my 1st experience at this chain. The experience was average.

2  Thank TravelRanger87508

Been to Outback Steakhouse? Share your experiences!