“Got to try the green chile stew!”

Maria's New Mexican Kitchen
Ranked #37 of 583 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Went here because our cousin recommended it and glad we did!! Have the Green Chile Stew you won't be disappointed. Perfect heat and the pork was perfectly tender! Take time to look over their margarita book, there's so many to choose from. Also we did one flight if Tequila tasting! If you love tequila.. This is a must! Plus the little history that you learn about tequila will be an added bonus. Awesome place good prices

Write a ReviewReviews (1,546)

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Chips were from a generic bag, salsa was way too spicy and the alternative they brought was a dish of mild green chili. my husbands entree was SUPER SPICY which was not noted on the menu. parking lot is an accident waiting to happen. apparently Robert Redford loves it, makes me wonder about his taste in food.

15  Thank PegBundy19
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The hype in the travel guides led us to believe this would be so great with the world's greatest Margaritas. It was just ok. The food was good but not special and the same for the margaritas. There are so many great restaurants in Santa Fe that I just felt this one was a miss.

4  Thank NJSJ
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Yum is all I can say. Service was so-so but that the food is delicious. I had the Carne Adovada and it was perfect. They asked if I liked it hot and when it came it was perfect. They must have people that are sensitive to hot food (spicey) and found that it was not that spicey at all. Their Margaritas are strong and we only had two each at our table. That was enough!

Can't wait to go back. Just hope we have a happier server.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Perhaps if you haven't had many top notch tequilas or margaritas this place might interest you but otherwise I would try one of the many other new mexican food restaurants in Santa Fe. The margaritas are fine, not exceptional, and the food is barely average. The tortilla chips and salsa you are brought once seated are greasy (the chips) and unremarkable (the salsa). The quacamole is average as well. Having been in Santa Fe for several days we opted for the fajitas rather than some of the more traditional new mexican dishes and were sorely disappointed. First the meat appeared to be a cut of roast or sirloin, not skirt steak that is the traditional cut used. What's worse was that while the meat was grilled it had no flavor what-so-ever. Fajitas should be marinated and/or have some type of spices rubbed on them and these had neither. Service was barely average. This is a popular place, although most of the diners looked like tourists which to me means that locals who know better are going elsewhere. Trip advisor and other sites can lead you to better places, in my opinion at least.

13  Thank chisos73