“Outdoor Dining at La Posada Hotel”
Review of Fuego Restaurant - CLOSED

Fuego Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Latin, Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Paseo de Peralta
Description: At the AAA Four Diamond Award-winning Fuego, innovative dishes are infused with Global Latin influences and classical American traditions, and every dish is carefully presented with exceptionally attentive service. Enjoy Executive Chef Carmen Rodriguez's cuisine while sipping a world-class wine in front of the fire. Let our friendly staff pamper you as you enjoy Santa Fe's most romantic dining destination and recent winner of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence.
Washington, DC
“Outdoor Dining at La Posada Hotel”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We had lunch and dinner at Fuego Restaurant on the patio behind the La Posada Hotel. The service was great the food excellent. The salads are especially well done. A very delightful experience

• Visited August 2013
6 Thank Jim M

“Great menu”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

And great service with tasty treats. The variety of food types help make ordering decisions easy. An outstanding chef.

Visited July 2013
7 Thank Texannabelle
Dallas, Texas
“Delightful lunch in every west”
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Been here for cocktails, depends on the bartender whether you will like that or not. But had lunch out on the patio, and I felt like I was somewhere other than a couple blocks off the plaza. Very nice experience...quiet...mainly adult diners. Beautiful setting in the flowers and umbrella tables. Menu was perfect for lunch, the steak salad was a home run with a very prime cut of filet adorning a southwest style salad. I'll be back for dinner soon, just to sit out and enjoy the evening. Waiter was very attentive btw, as we're service backups. Reasonably priced to me for what we were able to enjoy

Visited August 2013
7 Thank CliveWatkins
Tucson, Arizona
“Not Impressed with Menu”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We decided to dine here on our last evening in Santa Fe, after hearing a wonderful ghost story about the property the evening before. Given its location inside the La Posada hotel, I was expecting a more extensive and creative menu. The list of entrees was only about six, and weren't particularly outstanding. The wine list was heavy on European wines, in spite of many good wines now being made in NM. We sat on the beautiful patio, where it was actually quite cold! The servers moved us closer to the fire pit and found a propane heater to put next to our table.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank 383ingridn
muleshoe,tx
“Well.... Pros and cons”
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

We decided that since bed time was approaching for our almost 2 year old we would stay at the hotel to eat. The patio was beautiful. It was very well layed out surrounded by greens and a small fire pit. We ordered drinks and I had the basil gimlet which was delicious! And my husband and I split the Korean tacos, AMAZING!! I had a lamb burger which was ok an the cold lobster avocado cucumber soup, yuck. ( I am usually a fan of cold soup)
Service was not so good. Our waiter was very nice And when he forgot my daughter's chicken and brought it out so hot he ran for fruit to help I was happy. The entire experience took almost 2 hours which was really unacceptable. It would have been far easier to go off resort and make it back for bed time on time.

• Visited July 2013